Coachman - strange one

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
My Coachman developed a problem whilst parked on the drive. The clear (plastic I think) window on the one piece door appeared with a distinctive hairline crack straight across the middle. Certainly not as a result of any kind of impact and I can’t be sure precisely when it happened or the cause.

....a mystery.....

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Someone else posted something similar with a front window not too long ago; I remember conjecturing whether rapid changes in temperature could have caused it. Don’t think there was any conclusion, so this drivel is really of no use to you. Hope you don’t have to replace the entire door ( but I bet you do :( )
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have A 2013 Coachman and have heard about this happening to the the door,

As to Mel "Driibeling on" well you have to know and like her, which I do. Always welcome.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Did the window have a shiny blind behind it with it in full sun? This has been known to overheat and damage windows before although I have never heard of the door being the one to go. There is a warning on our caravan about this for the sunlight window over the front but it can happen to any one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not had the problem, but always put windows exposed to direct sunlight (particularly in Spain etc) on the 'night vent' position to ensure some cooling air behind them when blinds are down. Even better, open the windows and inch or so if you can without compromising security.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts