Command Tracker

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello LeMans,

If all is working correctly, you should be able to see a caravan icon which you can click on to view some basic info. The only way mine would show the entire screen as pale blue is if I zoomed into the middle of the ocean.

In any case, my recommendation would be to give Sargent Electrical a call in the morning during working hours. Sargent are the OEM supplier of electrical/electronic systems to the Swift group, and I have found their technical support and customer service to be exemplary. They are happy to take calls from Swift customers and are a pleasure to deal with. It’s an unusual setup, whereby you get the very best of service by contacting an OEM component supplier rather that either your supplying dealer, or manufacturer, but would always be my first reference. (Please guys, no reference to the CRA and the legal responsibilities of the supplying dealer, as although I would expect them resolve the issue in the end, from experience I have no doubt that contacting Sargent directly, even though you are not their customer, and have no contract with them, is the best route to a timely resolve.)

When I first started using the Swift Command App, the App showed my heating type as Alde, although it is in fact the standard Truma system, and so I could neither control the heating or access any data relating to it with the App. After a quick call to Sargent, the issue was resolved. The App relies on data specific to your van which is stored in the cloud, This data is normally created and uploaded when your van is registered. In my case, the heating type was set incorrectly, and they simply changed a data value to correct this whilst talking to me on the phone, and asked me to try the app again to confirm that it was working correctly. Once this was rectified, the pleasant chap even started asking for my opinions and feedback regarding the electrical and electronic systems fitted to my new van !

Back to your issue ... Do the other functions work on the app, such as “Levels” and the remote control of the heating and hot water ?- If not, then perhaps your van isn’t connecting to the cellular Data network, and may not be registered yet. If so, then I would suggest it’s more of a software glitch. Again, either way I’m sure Sargent will soon rectify the issue.

Hope this helps ... Looking forward to hearing how you get on,

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback.

I got in touch with Sargent and they said there was a problem with the communication box in the caravan.

This has now been dealer fixed under warranty and is working fine now.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
LeMans said:

I got in touch with Sargent and they said there was a problem with the communication box in the caravan.

Many thanks for your feedback LeMans. Much appreciated. It makes a pleasant change, especially of late, for a relative newcomer to the forum to post feedback after following advice from other forum members. I’m sure I’m not alone in this thought ?

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
No problem, thought it may be of interest.
Icaru5 said:
LeMans said:

Many thanks for your feedback LeMans. Much appreciated. It makes a pleasant change, especially of late, for a relative newcomer to the forum to post feedback after following advice from other forum members. I’m sure I’m not alone in this thought ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts