Complaints against Banks and Insurers.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Financial Ombudsman Service now openly publish the number of complaints made by consumers and the % results found in favour of the consumer.

I was startled this morning to read that the most popular caravan funding Horse had 89% of complaints found in favour of the consumer.

In simple arithmatic they got 9 out 10 wrong!!

The FOS also publish full details of complaints made against Insurers and their % results. Remember you wont see the intermediaries such as CC , C&CC or Caravan Guard as they merely place the risks with an approved Insurer such as Aviva, Axa etc.

More alarmingly these are only the cases that have been advised to the FOS.

A lot of people have probably accepted at face value their Insurers declinature of their claim.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dustydog,

Just wish to add to your comments,we found that the very best insurance on a Caravan is with the Caravan Club,we had a mishap with our caravan which resulted in our caravan being written off because of the structural damage and literally everything was sorted and settled in 3weeks,now that is good goingJimbob

May 21, 2008
Visit site
When I had an engineering business, we had a friendly local bank manager who would come to see you if you wanted a loan and would survey your business for suitability. He could see first hand just how busy we were and based on his knowledge of our business and our order book, he would make the call.

That dissappeared when the the bank Ba***ys, decided to de-localise the managers as they could be non-impartial.

I was then faced with having to use their software on my PC and doing weekly forcasts as our business was high turnover. This ment that my time on the shop floor was limited and as such my finger was slipping off the pulse as such. The Banks answer, was to employ a company stragist. I pointed out that as a small company we could not afford to waste

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
times have changed , most companies are nor required to take credit insurance , although this is becoming expensive.

Also due to the high number of business failures over the last 2 years and the massive hits the banks have taken ( mainly from construction)getting any money out of them is very, very hard.

Even the RBS does not lend .... and its supposed to.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
When I had our company, we were advised to go limited to ensure you kept your house. The banks would ask for colatteral to cover loans and overdrafts but they never offered insurance packages, so what did one have to do? Put their house up as colatteral.

Thats what I did on the advice of the accountant, who said we were safe to do so. What he hadn't bargained for was the bank demanding the overdraft paid shortly after our burglaries.

So I ended up with no house and a van load of furniature.

The same bank then pleaded with me not to take my personal account off them. It was a bit like me taking their pudding off the table I guess!!!

Meanwhile, *ankers still laim fat cat bonuses despite robbing the tax payer last year!!!!!!!!

Would you trust a fat cat to guard your cream, I wouldn't anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts