condensation

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
how much condensation would you get went away this weekend had heating on, found there was wet walls in corner cuboards, how do you know if you have a problem

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends how much ventilation you had.

Did you have any windows open at all, or on night vent position?

In the current climate the air is very wet, added to which, each time you breathe out, you exhale water vapour, which combined with th eair, warm inside of van and coler by comparison walls, you get condensation.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As the gas fire is a room sealed unit, it makes no difference to the kind of heat, it is the same as running on electric.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
heat from gas is from a naked flame that can cause condensation ellectric is not a flame and the heat is dry .Room seald unit still have vents in floors so hot damp air still meats cold air that can make condensation.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The exhaust gases from Truma fires travels in a fully sealed flue liner to the roof vent, or to the exhaust under the van on older models.

There is no way any exhaust gases can enter the van, and no way it can cause condensation.

The only possible way it can is if the flue is faulty, which is highly unlikely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some older caravans are fitted with the Carver/Truma 1200/1800 series heaters. These did have an underfloor flue but the fitting instruction are quite clear about how close the nearest floor vent may be.

The 1800 series were so efficient (98%) that the flue product was actually condensing (long before most domestic boilers had to be) so it was already turning to water droplets which are heavier than air so they would not feed back into the caravan anyway.

Apr 1, 2007
Visit site
We had exactly the same problem with our brand new bailey ranger this weekend - water in the corner of the rear wardrobe and coming through a hole where the cable for the light goes.

Thought we'd bought a dodgy van so took it into our dealers on the way home and when tested all dry, thank god. I think it must have happened because we'd not used the van before and I think the dealer had had it standing in the cold and damp for a while as well. The wardrobe is in a corner and although we'd had the door open while in storage, when we got to the site we closed it and put the heating on full blast.

I expect you've experienced the same as us and there should be nothing to worry about - at this time of year just leave the cupboard doors ajar a bit and keep the electric heating on all the time and make sure there's some good ventilation passing through the van

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Yup. wet patches in both front corners under the bed boxes in my 2009 Pageant. Just condensation caused by 4 bodies & a dog breathing all night when its cold & damp outside & you have the heating cranked up inside.

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
Depends how much ventilation you had.

Did you have any windows open at all, or on night vent position?

In the current climate the air is very wet, added to which, each time you breathe out, you exhale water vapour, which combined with th eair, warm inside of van and coler by comparison walls, you get condensation.
thanks for the message a piece off my mind

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts