cornwall, which site and why?.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We've stayed at the following site in Cornwall in the last couple of years.

Godrevy CC (Hayle nr St Ives) - nice site nothing special but was close to the beech for surfing.

Ayr Camping & Caravan site (ST Ives) closest site to the town centre. Didn't like it much too cramped plus shared with statics. Access into the site also very restricted.

Trewethett CC (Tintagel) fantastic views , can be windy. Good facilities. roads to site are B roads so can be a bit tight in places (dont use SatNav to ge there!!!). Nice site been there a few times and would go back.

Looe CC - Really liked this site , spacious pitches (although some sloping) good amenity block , decent playground and reasonable dog exercise area. Roads to site very tight. I believe the site is currently being upgraded. Would go back again

Tregurrian CCC (Watergate Bay Newquay)- Nice site , small by comparision. OK facilities not briliant no play area or dog walk on site. Less than 1 mile from Watergate Bay and for this reason only we'd go again. (dont be tempted by the Fish & Chip van that comes once a week - vile is not the word).

Hope this helps

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

CC site at Trewethett Farm near Tintagel or the private site, Polmanter near St Ives. Both different but superb views and facilities. Check out Polmanter's web site for more detail.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
polmanter,st ives,every time....great pitches,easy downhill walk into st ives,bus back during summer months,great facilites..will be hard to beat this trust me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-Anne

You don't say if you've got kids or you want peace and quiet or great views, etc.

Out of season Godrevy Park CC site is my favourite but as with most can get busy at peak times. River Valley at Relubbus, just outside Marazion is a very nice site in a peaceful setting but the downside is that the sun (joke) sets quite early due to its location.

Another point to consider is, I believe, that the maximum stay on a Caravan Club site is 28 days (4 weeks). Planning regulations I think.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Jo Anne,

You don,t say if kids are involved.

Pentewan Sands near Mevagissey has everything you need.It is situated on its own private beach and has all the facilities you could need.

Have a look at their web site.When we go there we go Wed to Wed.Much easier for travelling in & out of Cornwall.But they book up really quickly.Their booking office opens in Nov each year.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks for your replies. i stayed at godrevy may 05 nice site but i wasnt keen on that part or cornwall.

we are a couple in our mid 30's two boys 13 and 5 and a stafforshire bull terrier.

thanks

keep them coming

jo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

What are the three most important aspects you and your sons , plus hubby look for when staying away. Personally I prefer the south west of Cornwall so Polmanter is ideal for us and the two Springer Spaniels. The Lizard part is lovely and close to Flambards amusement park at Helston.

Cheers

Alan

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Jo-Anne

Trewince Farm Between Wadebridge and Padstow, very well run and tended medium size quietish site on a working farm, small shop and nice uncrowded pool. No Bar, dogs ok, easy access. Good mix of towns and beaches. Plenty of dog beaches. http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/trewincefarmholidaypark/Welcome.html

Or - Mother Iveys bay caravan park SW of Padstow. http://www.motheriveysbay.com/

This is a real cracker right on the back of a fabulous small beach. Lovely easy cliff walk to 2 larger beaches at Harlyn or constantine.

The site is kept in outstanding order.

See the arial plan on the web site.

There is a large site next door but you wouldn't know it's there.

No pool or bar.

Dogs ok in site and on beaches.

Final mile of access is not quite so easy.

Or

In the south on the Roseland paninsula is Trethem Mill near St Mawes, again a real quality small site.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We've stayed at the following site in Cornwall in the last couple of years.

Godrevy CC (Hayle nr St Ives) - nice site nothing special but was close to the beech for surfing.

Ayr Camping & Caravan site (ST Ives) closest site to the town centre. Didn't like it much too cramped plus shared with statics. Access into the site also very restricted.

Trewethett CC (Tintagel) fantastic views , can be windy. Good facilities. roads to site are B roads so can be a bit tight in places (dont use SatNav to ge there!!!). Nice site been there a few times and would go back.

Looe CC - Really liked this site , spacious pitches (although some sloping) good amenity block , decent playground and reasonable dog exercise area. Roads to site very tight. I believe the site is currently being upgraded. Would go back again

Tregurrian CCC (Watergate Bay Newquay)- Nice site , small by comparision. OK facilities not briliant no play area or dog walk on site. Less than 1 mile from Watergate Bay and for this reason only we'd go again. (dont be tempted by the Fish & Chip van that comes once a week - vile is not the word).

Hope this helps
ive been told is very cramped?.

jo

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Jo-anne

We stay at a site near to Mother Ives+Harlyn bay called Trethias Farm it is just at the side of Tryarnon bay,thats the next beach to Constantine Bay.

The site is family owned very quite with loads of room to pitch and children to play,and its a five minute walk to the beach and the North Cornwall path goes around the site,we have been for the last 6yrs and love it.We always book for August on 2nd Jan due to it being a popular site,last year we went for 3 weeks and paid

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
andrew, i spend my childhood hols in statics on treyarnon. what a beautiful beach and a fab huge rock pool. constentine also beautiful but to choppy for me. i love that area i might have a look.

thanks

jo-anne

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi jo-anne

If you walk onto the beach at treyarnon down the ramp from the life guard hut,walk across the stream running down the beach and up the steps on the opposite side of the beach,this joins a single tarmac road between the houses,at the top of the road is the entrance to the site,you are right about tryarnon it is a superb beach the natural pool is brilliant for the kids,we went every day for 3 weeks and my little girl played in the stream making dams with new friends for hours on end,happy days ,Andrew.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You may want to check out if dogs are allowed on the beach at Treyarnon, I don't beleive they are which may be a bit of a downer when you can't use a beach within walking distance. I know Harlyn is dog freindly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No disrespect to the Cornish folk but we have been to Cornwall on three seperate occassions and each time have not been able to enjoy ourselves there. We have tried to analyse the situation but we cannot come up with an answer. We have been many times to south Devon and on each occassion thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. What it is about Cornwall God only knows - sorry to you Cornish residents - nothing personal.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi dogs are allowed on the beach at treyarnon bay we take ours with us,but there are beaches in the area that don't allow dogs,

Colin i know what you mean about Cornwall there does seem to be a anti-english feeling growing we have been for the last 7yrs and have noticed a change over the years,not because of this but we have booked to go to France next year for a change.

Andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi dogs are allowed on the beach at treyarnon bay we take ours with us,but there are beaches in the area that don't allow dogs,

Colin i know what you mean about Cornwall there does seem to be a anti-english feeling growing we have been for the last 7yrs and have noticed a change over the years,not because of this but we have booked to go to France next year for a change.

Andrew.
Andrew no disrespect sir but I am WELSH and proud of it LOL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew we went to France this year - to Camping Du Letty in Benodet - sailed Plymouth to Roscoff. Absolutelt brilliant time. Today we received the 2008 copy of the Select Sites holiday brochure so will be studying that again with great interest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts