Covid 19 again

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Myself and wife a week ago had a fourth booster jab, it’s the one for over 75’s and people with conditions that make them vulnerable, things, I had no reaction but my wife was knocked for six for 5 days, bed ridden other than top and tail continuous discharges, it can’t be definitely the jab that caused it but it all came on about 12 hours after the jab, I’ll take any jabs going if it keeps covid at bay, I think she might give it long considered thoughts though.Stay safe where possible and it’s maybe less need for jabs.
We’re aren’t in the over 75 classifications but old enough to sometimes feel like I do.

BP

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Myself and wife a week ago had a fourth booster jab, it’s the one for over 75’s and people with conditions that make them vulnerable, things, I had no reaction but my wife was knocked for six for 5 days, bed ridden other than top and tail continuous discharges, it can’t be definitely the jab that caused it but it all came on about 12 hours after the jab, I’ll take any jabs going if it keeps covid at bay, I think she might give it long considered thoughts though.Stay safe where possible and it’s maybe less need for jabs.
We’re aren’t in the over 75 classifications but old enough to sometimes feel like I do.

BP
I am due one, but unsure about wife. Seems silly only one person in household having the injection.

macandy

BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Deaths with Covid figures are meaningless. The NHS is recording asymptomatic patients as dying with Covid who are dying of plain simple old age.
The only meaningful measure is deaths from Covid, and that figure is so minuscule, it’s statistical noise.
Its over, it’s done, move on.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Deaths with Covid figures are meaningless. The NHS is recording asymptomatic patients as dying with Covid who are dying of plain simple old age.
The only meaningful measure is deaths from Covid, and that figure is so minuscule, it’s statistical noise.
Please explain that to a friend who lost her partner to Covid and not old age. We will continue to wear masks as that is our choice even though many people appear to be selfish and only thinking of themselves.

BTW why are hospitals so full of Covid patients if it is over and done?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A friend who died on 25 Dec 2020, and another one who has just died in the Bath RUH would have been very comforted by your views. Neither had any underlying health issues they had Covid. But how it brought. on their deaths was different in both cases. As two members of the Forum recently posted they had Covid which caused secondary issues. Fortunately they are now recovered. But according to your view had they died it would have been heart failure.
During the period when the death rate was highest the. BBC statistician gave figures showing the additional deaths over and above what would have been expected compared to yearly norms. But in real time monitoring of the pandemic it’s not possible to present those figures dynamically. So the 28 day figures do give a basis for real time monitoring despite being acknowledged as not perfect. For interest what would your approach be?

macandy

BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
A friend who died on 25 Dec 2020, and another one who has just died in the Bath RUH would have been very comforted by your views. Neither had any underlying health issues they had Covid. But how it brought. on their deaths was different in both cases. As two members of the Forum recently posted they had Covid which caused secondary issues. Fortunately they are now recovered. But according to your view had they died it would have been heart failure.
During the period when the death rate was highest the. BBC statistician gave figures showing the additional deaths over and above what would have been expected compared to yearly norms. But in real time monitoring of the pandemic it’s not possible to present those figures dynamically. So the 28 day figures do give a basis for real time monitoring despite being acknowledged as not perfect. For interest what would your approach be?

the average age of people dying of Covid was actually one year higher than the average U.K. life expectancy. It’s another old age co-morbidity, no more ‘dangerous‘ than a regular cold or seasonal flu that kills tens of thousands each year.
we are still testing for something no more ‘dangerous‘ than a common cold or flu, but we don’t stop the world every flu season.

• Wow
Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
the high levels of NHS staff who have refused the Covid vaccine explains why so many people catch Covid in hospital.
These are people brought into the hospital with covid which has created a shortage of beds for other patients! What do you base your assumption on that high levels of NHS staff have refused the vaccine?

macandy

BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
These are people brought into the hospital with covid which has created a shortage of beds for other patients! What do you base your assumption on that high levels of NHS staff have refused the vaccine?

nope, every resident my wife has sent to the local NHS hospital for treatment has gone in with a clear PCR test. Many come back Covid positive and had to go into quarantine. The only resident to die of Covid over the last two years (she was 98) picked it up in hospital.
No ones ‘going into hospital with Covid’. I have to have a clear PCR test before and when I go in. My wife has to do daily tests at her care home.
This is why she’s handed in her notice and resigned from her healthcare job. She’s fed up ‘protecting the NHS’ from itself and it’s terrible infection control procedures and large number of vaccine refusenik staff.
in England alone, the NHS has 1.3 million staff, 10% of them unvaccinated, that’s 130,000 of its staff busily spreading it through hospitals.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
nope, every resident my wife has sent to the local NHS hospital for treatment has gone in with a clear PCR test. Many come back Covid positive and had to go into quarantine. The only resident to die of Covid over the last two years (she was 98) picked it up in hospital.
No ones ‘going into hospital with Covid’. I have to have a clear PCR test before and when I go in. My wife has to do daily tests at her care home.
This is why she’s handed in her notice and resigned from her healthcare job. She’s fed up ‘protecting the NHS’ from itself and it’s terrible infection control procedures and large number of vaccine refusenik staff.
in England alone, the NHS has 1.3 million staff, 10% of them unvaccinated, that’s 130,000 of its staff busily spreading it through hospitals.
I find that very hard to believe as my wife had to wait for over 4 hours in the ambulance outside A&E as it was blocked up with Covid patients and no beds available and this was in April 2022!
Covid is still here and it still kills!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
She’s fed up ‘protecting the NHS’ from itself and it’s terrible infection control procedures and large number of vaccine refusenik staff.
My deceased Mum’s care home were excellent and strict with their Covid Lockdown measures. They LFT tested us before entry. Then once clear only into a small, all windows and doors open to exterior. Mum sat on the other side of a glass panel , couldn’t touch us talking via a walk-in talkie. All staff were given one year to vaccinate or lose their jobs!

I thought even triple vaccinated people could still be a C19 carrier??
My first post op physio yesterday was a joke. Most of Hospital shut, masks and hand washing compulsory , wash down your own chair, sit 10 feet away from the Physio therapist. No use of machines and told the knee and hip club remains shut for the foreseeable future. So actually I found the NHS C19 control very good.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My deceased Mum’s care home were excellent and strict with their Covid Lockdown measures. They LFT tested us before entry. Then once clear only into a small, all windows and doors open to exterior. Mum sat on the other side of a glass panel , couldn’t touch us talking via a walk-in talkie. All staff were given one year to vaccinate or lose their jobs!

My first post op physio yesterday was a joke. Most of Hospital shut, masks and hand washing compulsory , wash down your own chair, sit 10 feet away from the Physio therapist. No use of machines and told the knee and hip club remains shut for the foreseeable future. So actually I found the NHS C19 control very good.
Our daughter caught Covid in March as she was working in a mental unit and it’s not easy to ensure patients keep masks on and don’t wander about. But it knocked the team for six even though all were fully vaccinated, so admissions were stopped. She had received her two vaccinations and her booster. But yes you can carry and transmit the virus even if fully vaccinated.

Surprised at the lax measures in your physio unit. Was that the same one that carried out your operation?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Certainly not lax, just as strict as Lockdown, social distancing , screens , masks, no other patients in the gym and continuing closure of the physio club. Malmesbury.

macandy

BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

yes, it’s become totally surreal.

Go to see my Doctor about my hip, mask free unless you want to wear one zone.
Go to hospital for blood test….
pass through the bio hazard barriers, go to locked Rhuematolgy department door, (The department has been closed for two years).
Press door buzzer - interrogation over intercom what I want.
receptionist in PPE with visor comes to door, opens it an inch, shoves form through gap, slams door.
Walk off to blood test center full of people, some masked, some not, patently waiting to get a blood test.

if you’ve had a knee done, the lack of machines will make recovery much harder. I’ve had both done.
bend it as much as possible using knee crunches if neccessary - the machines are to stop you getting a stiff knee while scar tissue forms.

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
My Wife and I have had all the jabs required and practised since the beginning all safe procedures yet we both had it . I am still under the weather but getting around and looking forward to Monday coming we are off again . No ,wife has gone down with a virus or so the GP said in last few days . So had to put off the May holiday and booked July which we normally never do

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Daughter is a teacher in SA and she has been diagnosed with covid for the second time. Next wife taken to hospital again! Are we ever going to see light at the end of the tunnel? 😏

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
And so it goes on and I am still the only person on the bus today with mask on. As for my wife who has not been well since last October they have finally found a fracture at L3 so sometime in July they might get around to do something with it .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Daughter is a teacher in SA and she has been diagnosed with covid for the second time. Next wife taken to hospital again! Are we ever going to see light at the end of the tunnel? 😏
Sorry to hear of your daughters covid and also your wife’s hospitalisation again. It’s been a difficult time all round for you and your family these last few months. Hopefully things will improve one by one.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very stressful for you B , hard to believe your daughter has Covid again on top of all the passport problems. Let’s hope Mrs B gets fixed this time. Take care mate

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It never rains in our household, it pours down! Daughter in South Africa was rushed to hospital last night as battling to keep anything down and major headaches and pain. Put on a drip. Covid really knocks you for a six. Being a teacher although they all still have to wear masks she still got infected.
OH has a post op complication and in the past week this has seen us back and forth to surgery and hospital. Having lost eldest daughter last year all the stress is getting to both of us!
Never mind there will be light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully we will all have a wonderful summer together.:)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another update on it pouring down. Our "Adopted" daughter in SA has just informed us that her husband is seriously ill in hospital with Covid. He went in for an operation to his hand and while on the table stopped breathing. They revived him and he then tested positive for Covid. He was clear before going into hospital. :cry:
Our daughter has now been discharged from hospital and is home so a bit of good news there. She is resting as the Covid has hit her bad although she has had the Johnson & Johnson injection. They have to pay for injections and were waiting for the booster injection.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Another update on it pouring down. Our "Adopted" daughter in SA has just informed us that her husband is seriously ill in hospital with Covid. He went in for an operation to his hand and while on the table stopped breathing. They revived him and he then tested positive for Covid. He was clear before going into hospital. :cry:
Our daughter has now been discharged from hospital and is home so a bit of good news there. She is resting as the Covid has hit her bad although she has had the Johnson & Johnson injection. They have to pay for injections and were waiting for the booster injection.

It just keeps on coming Ian, so sorry.

John

TRENDING THREADS