Covid 19 again

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We do, and most of have - I don't intend to spend the rest of my life in a hermetically sealed bubble.
My point was that at the time there were lots of cases in hospitals that were causing further backlogs in providing normal care to non covid patients, and patients being admitted for non covid issues were subsequently being diagnosed positive and exacerbating a difficult position. Deaths were running at the equivalent of one Dreamliner crashing per day. Whilst HMG were seemingly turning a blind eye to this and in parallel stopping LFT too, and running down variant sequencing. .Fortunately Omicron now looks like it’s going down, so HMG can relax their clenched buttocks and remove the telescope from their blind eye.

We don’t live in a bubble we go out and about as required, eat out and two weeks ago had a fabulous evening at the Henning Wehn show in the Bath Forum. But that doesn’t change my view on HMGs response to Omicron.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Currently our hospital is full of Covid patients with the result they are short staffed. They have put back the op for Mrs B several times and it is almost urgent that she has the op as her current condition is not good and very painful for her.

We don't blame the NHS, we blame the selfish people who act as if Covid does not exist and like to pass it on to others. We always wear a mask when entering a shop or similar establishment.

Hoomer

BANNED
Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
My point was that at the time there were lots of cases in hospitals that were causing further backlogs in providing normal care to non covid patients, and patients being admitted for non covid issues were subsequently being diagnosed positive and exacerbating a difficult position. Deaths were running at the equivalent of one Dreamliner crashing per day. Whilst HMG were seemingly turning a blind eye to this and in parallel stopping LFT too, and running down variant sequencing. .Fortunately Omicron now looks like it’s going down, so HMG can relax their clenched buttocks and remove the telescope from their blind eye.

We don’t live in a bubble we go out and about as required, eat out and two weeks ago had a fabulous evening at the Henning Wehn show in the Bath Forum. But that doesn’t change my view on HMGs response to Omicron.

The NHS needs to get over its Covid Hysteria.
Covid has acted 100% like a Coronavirus, each iteration becomes more infectious but let harmful as its mutates.
Its not even as bad as a regular cold now - 99% of people don't even know they have it.

Hoomer

BANNED
Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Currently our hospital is full of Covid patients with the result they are short staffed. They have put back the op for Mrs B several times and it is almost urgent that she has the op as her current condition is not good and very painful for her.

We don't blame the NHS, we blame the selfish people who act as if Covid does not exist and like to pass it on to others. We always wear a mask when entering a shop or similar establishment.

'the selfish people who act as if Covid does not exist'

Really?
Without a PCR test, 99% of people won't even know they have the current less dangerous than a common cold variant.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
'the selfish people who act as if Covid does not exist'

Really?
Without a PCR test, 99% of people won't even know they have the current less dangerous than a common cold variant.

If the current Covid is so mild then why is the hospital so full of Covid patients and at the moment very understaffed. Hardly likely they will admit a Covid patient if their symptoms are mild as hospital is full.
At the moment the hospital can only do emergency surgery if the person's life is threatened as they only have two surgeries available instead of four. Thye are discharging sick patients to make room for those suffering from Covid.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Having had a procedure which meant staying over night I was surprised when they came up and said if they can get me home will I do so . It took several hours but later a ambulance crew picked me up and took me home . Now the crew came from a London area and were not familiar with the area plus the van was I should imagine the oldest they have plus carrying a load "junk" inside , but hey they did the job. Well done NHS.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My goddaughter is in the ICU of Milton Keynes Hospital, and told me they have several people in there with covid, but they were not admitted for covid, they are being treated with many different drugs as well. My kid brother is at home with covid this last week, told me he feels terrible,but still walks his dog twice a day. !!!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My goddaughter is in the ICU of Milton Keynes Hospital, and told me they have several people in there with covid, but they were not admitted for covid, they are being treated with many different drugs as well. My kid brother is at home with covid this last week, told me he feels terrible,but still walks his dog twice a day. !!!
I hope they make a full recovery

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mrs had her op yesterday and it is to b e hoped that she will be discharged in the very near future. This time no incidences of Covid around the wards where she has been. 👍:D
Great news for Mrs B i hope she makes a full recovery and you are both together soon and relaxing before your next break

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I did mention some time ago that we had Covid in February that lasted three weeks. And I have had lots of problems which are worst than when I had it . My GP has been very helpful in getting appointments for hospital checks . So far it has been CT . endoscopy , colonoscopy and next week x-ray on chest. So far our next time out in May is still on. On The bus today to hospital only two of us had mask on .
I had much the same problem. I had a positive PCR test at the end of March. I didn't feel too bad during quarantine, just mild flu symptoms but it really hit me a couple of days after I thought it was all over. I was rushed to hospital and spent a week there, the first night in intensive care. My heart suffered quite badly and it was CT and endoscopy for me too. Fortunately I feel quite well now, but I have come to show a lot of respect for Covid since - my wife and I still wear masks and we only venture out to where other people congregate when it can't be avoided, such as to go shopping. Haven't seen the rest of the family for over 6 months and probably won't for the time being after that.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Haven't seen the rest of the family for over 6 months and probably won't for the time being after that.

We have a valid concern regarding Covid and family as our daughter, spouse and 14 year are emigrating to the UK from South Africa in July and will be living with us initially. Although they are fully vaccinated South Africa is suffering a fifth wave of Covid.

We are very unsure what to do although we are fully vaccinated. Seriously thinking of asking them to stay in the caravan for the first 10 days or we stay in the caravan which is preferable.

Not having seen them for over 2 years, the natural instinct is to hug and kiss hello etc. so a bit of a dilemma for us?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a valid concern regarding Covid and family as our daughter, spouse and 14 year are emigrating to the UK from South Africa in July and will be living with us initially. Although they are fully vaccinated South Africa is suffering a fifth wave of Covid.

We are very unsure what to do although we are fully vaccinated. Seriously thinking of asking them to stay in the caravan for the first 10 days or we stay in the caravan which is preferable.

Not having seen them for over 2 years, the natural instinct is to hug and kiss hello etc. so a bit of a dilemma for us?
No delemia at all, hugs all round.
If they had a cold , you would give them a hug. We are going to die some time. Sorry to be basic. Life will go on.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I assume Robert and Lutz were fully vaccinated so to hear of their subsequent and similar follow on effects of Omicron ( just like a cold according to a recent post. #129) was quite a surprise. But when living here your family can just as easily catch it as you can going about their daily routine.

PS Do LFT tests for all on arrival and daily if you have sufficient test kits and just adopt the normal guidelines for living with Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch and Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Covid, Thing will carry on for years, and hopefully deminish.
I went for maybe 8 years having Hepititis jabs A and B until told no,longer needed. Yellow fever every 10 years for 30 years, Meningitis every 10 years.
I was an International worker West africa, these vaccinations, to me are normal.
To go to work. I have have Cerable malaria twiice, (the worst ) get on with life. .
Sorry to be so rough, My wife Has COPD and has serious problems. Just try any enjoy yourselfs as much as you can.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Covid 19 is still a very serious condition for some people, and whilst an individual might feel they can be gung ho about following anti spread measures, some might get away with it and others won't be so lucky and catch a dose. Those who aren't so lucky, invariably say after the event they wish they'd been more careful.

Now what about every individual's responsibility to others? You cannot tell just by looking at a person if that person is vulnerable or not, and if by virtue of another individuals own lack of care causes them to become infected whether the infection might be serious or not, common decency should tell you to do things to protect others.

I totally agree that eventually the human race will evolve either naturally or through medical interventions to be able to survive C19 infections with as little trouble as the common cold, but despite the government's relaxation of C19 restrictions ( which was counter to the medical advice they received) , it still can be very serious disease which still needs to be managed sensibly by every one.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Prof, I agree with your thoughts and writings, The C19 infections will carry on as do the "Common cold and Pnemonia" which can be fatal to the vulnerable people.

The C19 virus, should enhance peoples awarness to those that show symptoms to cold etc to wear masks as the asian and far eastern folk have done for many years now.

If you feel ill, or feel in yourself vulnerabable wear a proper mask, but do not condem other for not wearing them.

Lots of people donot and cannot use masks for health or mental problems. Think out side of your bubble. .

If I found some one needing mouth to mouth resusitation, I would not hesitate. .
But I do carry MtM guards in my car.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I get the impression that the government sort of hope that this milder Omnicron variant spreads to provide a semblance of herd immunity.
They stopped subsidising lateral flow tests, they lifted the requirement for everybody to wear masks and from what I've seen, most people are now carrying on as though Covid doesn't exist.
Perhaps the government imagine that the most vulnerable can somehow survive the milder variant, but having had it I'd suggest that it could still be dangerous for very ill people.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy, I found maybe a different thought, although 3 months ago now, when I sent in a Positive , LFT report, HMG had already sent me a home PCR kit, (because I was using predisinilone for a rhumatic problem ), , which I sent back, 24 hours they contacted myself, totally positive, and also sent a PCR kit for my wife,. Who has COPD., our area NHS is fantastic.

We have been treated extremly well by our NHS service in the Milton Keynes area.
Edit. It is the NHS doing this and not HMG admin

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In our Chemist, we all still wear face masks, although two workers inside do not. I always respect the requests.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
...If you feel ill, or feel in yourself vulnerabable wear a proper mask, but do not condem other for not wearing them.

Lots of people donot and cannot use masks for health or mental problems. Think out side of your bubble. .
I did not specifically mention wearing masks! There are other common decency methods of reducing the risks of spreading infection, such as distancing, covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing and of course washing hands, many of which seem to have gone by the wayside.

The government only lifted the restrictions not becasue it was medically sound but because it was becoming a political and financial hot potato. but the advice still remains.

We were away just before easter and I was appalled at the number of people who stood so close you could feel their breath on my neck whilst queuing for a Costa , then there were the men who went to loos at the services and then failed to wash their hands afterwards.

I'm just asking that everyone should continue to be more considerate of others and avoid placing them in unnecessary danger when there are simple steps to avoid increasing the risks for others. I'm sure you would feel the same if someone with a contagious condition began invading your space.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Prof I fully agree, sorry if my post came over wrongly. We have just had three days in York. Mostly AsianFolk, and elderly folk with mask, the usless blue masks on

But a waste of time, when they go into a pub or retaurant and then remove them . Sitting close to people.

The masks help if you are using them properly. I USE THE PP3. my wife breathing is restricted so she uses the Blue masks.
But now we are happier that we have contracted the latest Covid.
A bit more immunity, Memshab is 70 I am the Toy boy, 70 in June.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Four weeks on from my op I have been more careful than ever to avoid C19. I can’t take the chance of getting any sort of infection. Masks mandatory for us. Avoid crowds in confined places . Shop at quiet times. Off to the local butcher and Tesco now. Use pay at the pump . I know I can’t avoid it for ever but fully agree we can all do a lot to avoid it even though others and HMG may think otherwise. Sadly this autumn snd winter will probably see a high rise in infection

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Covid, Thing will carry on for years, and hopefully deminish.
I went for maybe 8 years having Hepititis jabs A and B until told no,longer needed. Yellow fever every 10 years for 30 years, Meningitis every 10 years.
I was an International worker West africa, these vaccinations, to me are normal.
To go to work. I have have Cerable malaria twiice, (the worst ) get on with life. .
Sorry to be so rough, My wife Has COPD and has serious problems. Just try any enjoy yourselfs as much as you can.
I had all those injections plus the one for cholera. The cholera injection was probably the worst one out of the lot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts