Covid 19 again

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am understanding this correctly. Are you saying the lift does go up to the 3rd floor but does not stop at the 2nd. If so, why not go to the 3rd and walk down 1 floor.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am understanding this correctly. Are you saying the lift does go up to the 3rd floor but does not stop at the 2nd. If so, why not go to the 3rd and walk down 1 floor.

John
Nope totally wrong way around. Lift will not go up when on the ground floor and press 3.,unless someone on 2nd or 3rd floor presses the button to call the lift. No issue when it goes down. occasionally it will work okay.
Apparently they have been complaining about it for some time, technician comes. checks it, fiddles around, states it is okay and goes away. Next day the same problem!
NHS Staff are already struggling without these extra issues. People are waiting in ambulances for up to 3 hours as no beds and in the meantime the ambulance cannot be used.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I thought as lifts are a statutory controlled piece of kit al the maintenance and repairs were subbed out to a professional company. Money for nothing and a customer I would expect them to move heaven and earth for! Tells you a lot about the local hospital management 🤬🤬🤬

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nope totally wrong way around. Lift will not go up when on the ground floor and press 3.,unless someone on 2nd or 3rd floor presses the button to call the lift. No issue when it goes down. occasionally it will work okay.
Apparently they have been complaining about it for some time, technician comes. checks it, fiddles around, states it is okay and goes away. Next day the same problem!
NHS Staff are already struggling without these extra issues. People are waiting in ambulances for up to 3 hours as no beds and in the meantime the ambulance cannot be used.

Ahhhhh……

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh dear. OH has just notified me that her sister in Cwmbran has tested positive for Covid. At least her sister has had all the required injections. Her sister did offer to come up and help, but now I am glad that she didn't come because if I get Covid, OH cannot come home from hospital until I test negative. :confused_old:

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
6 year old great grand son just got it for the second time, and another of his great grandads has also just got his second dose, but he is 90 something!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear. OH has just notified me that her sister in Cwmbran has tested positive for Covid. At least her sister has had all the required injections. Her sister did offer to come up and help, but now I am glad that she didn't come because if I get Covid, OH cannot come home from hospital until I test negative. :confused_old:
Just goes to show HMG latest “ no need to isolate “ will lead to another massive pandemic. I need to be very careful to avoid Covid post surgery. I can’t lock myself away but if those who have please self isolate like Mrs Bs sister.

Reactions: Hutch and Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
This isolation is true, but HMG is also saying latest Covid version is so much like a cold, if you have had the vacsinations all,the better.
We have to,live with this and at the moment it is not the deadly version it was.
Having recently contracted Covid and both of us being Highly vulnerable, it was form of us very mild. Flu and Pnumonia would be worse, for us.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
OH is very concerned as one of the other patients in the same ward has tested positive for Covid. She has been wandering talking to every one and without a mask on.
As no available beds in Covid wards at present, they have put her behind a plastic barrier or "cage" until a bed becomes free. This may delay OH returning home as after 10 days she is going stir crazy.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
OH is very concerned as one of the other patients in the same ward has tested positive for Covid. She has been wandering talking to every one and without a mask on.
As no available beds in Covid wards at present, they have put her behind a plastic barrier or "cage" until a bed becomes free. This may delay OH returning home as after 10 days she is going stir crazy.
OMG.
How soon can OH leave hospital? Better to be at home and have Covid than surrounded by it !Hope you get it sorted.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
OMG.
How soon can OH leave hospital? Better to be at home and have Covid than surrounded by it !Hope you get it sorted.
Unfortunately she is till waiting for them to operate which hopefully will be in the next day or two.
We have not cancelled our Easter booking on a CL yet, but we have updated the CL owner with the situation.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately she is till waiting for them to operate which hopefully will be in the next day or two.
We have not cancelled our Easter booking on a CL yet, but we have updated the CL owner with the situation.
I hope OH gets her operation as soon as possible and you both can have a nice relaxing break at Easter

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought as lifts are a statutory controlled piece of kit al the maintenance and repairs were subbed out to a professional company. Money for nothing and a customer I would expect them to move heaven and earth for! Tells you a lot about the local hospital management 🤬🤬🤬
The lifts at my hospital usually they are working and other times says out of order and then you have a long wait to get one

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I sat in Gloucester hospital Costas for 1.5 hours waiting for Marj. I was overlooking the entrance. there was a sanitation station there which also provided free masks. Mask wearing signs are all over the place. Yet despite this, I was surprised to see how many ignored either or both despite clearly looking all over the station.

Staff must be so frustrated as all of them were wearing them.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I sat in Gloucester hospital Costas for 1.5 hours waiting for Marj. I was overlooking the entrance. there was a sanitation station there which also provided free masks. Mask wearing signs are all over the place. Yet despite this, I was surprised to see how many ignored either or both despite clearly looking all over the station.

Staff must be so frustrated as all of them were wearing them.

John
At Worcester hospital, no mask, no entry, but some still try it on.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some good news sort of. They are discharging OH today, but OH will need to go back for op. The person with Covid has really thrown a spanner in the works plus they are now needing beds for Covid patients.
I guess we will need to do regular checks once OH is home in case she has been infected, but does not know it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update. Mrs B is back home and so glad to get out of the ward with that irresponsible person with the Covid.
Eventually one of the other patients found a sister and complained. The irresponsible lady who is middle aged then had the audacity to argue with the sister however she put on her mask.
Shortly after the sister left, she took off the mask again. Mrs B and the other lady made sure they kept theirs on because of this person and even slept with the mask on.
Some people only think of themselves!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nope "theirs" is the correct word in this case. Edited post. BTW I do not mind being corrected as that way I hopefully will not make the same mistake again. :D

Typos are dead easy to do, I just thought that one was a bit funny. In my case, spelling has always been poor. I also blame the iPad. the spell checker on my PC is excellent. but Apple are awful.

My habit is to ram all the text in and ‘keep a flow), then go back and correct as necessary. The Apple system stinks. Underlines don’t remain and are haphazard, and when I click on a suggestion it does not always replace. in fact it does not find their’s as wrong until I deliberatly click on it, even then it does not underline. However it is a common mistake I believe.

I think I will try to get a third party checker, any recommendations anyone.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Typos are dead easy to do, I just thought that one was a bit funny. In my case, spelling has always been poor. I also blame the iPad. the spell checker on my PC is excellent. but Apple are awful.

My habit is to ram all the text in and ‘keep a flow), then go back and correct as necessary. The Apple system stinks. Underlines don’t remain and are haphazard, and when I click on a suggestion it does not always replace. in fact it does not find their’s as wrong until I deliberatly click on it, even then it does not underline. However it is a common mistake I believe.

I think I will try to get a third party checker, any recommendations anyone.

John
On the PC forum, spelling mistakes are underlined and also bad grammar, but sometimes as you finish typing the red line underscore disappears and then it is a guessing game. :D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Update. Mrs B is back home and so glad to get out of the ward with that irresponsible person with the Covid.
Eventually one of the other patients found a sister and complained. The irresponsible lady who is middle aged then had the audacity to argue with the sister however she put on her mask.
Shortly after the sister left, she took off the mask again. Mrs B and the other lady made sure they kept theirs on because of this person and even slept with the mask on.
Some people only think of themselves!
Hi Ian that great news and i hope OH not been infected, but now safe at home

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts