Covid 19 again

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Several trips to GP and test being done It is now four weeks since reading negative with Covid , but am now having worse effects than when I had it . My GP has had me doing several test. One the bloods came back normal but poo is positive so here we go again. Off tomorrow for week at Horsley .

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Glad Mrs B is home, treatment concluded. You will be getting your Easter after all👍.
I’m at Bath hospital Tuesday, hopefully having all the stitches removed. PCR test before and without question masks. They are extremely strict especially with. the continuing rise in COVID cases.
People like me post op cannot afford to catch Covid for fear of wound infection or even sepsis, It would salsa slow down my rehabilitation programme with serious consequences. What is with people like that selfish idiot in Mrs B’s ward? IMO chuck em out!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Glad Mrs B is home, treatment concluded. You will be getting your Easter after all👍.
I’m at Bath hospital Tuesday, hopefully having all the stitches removed. PCR test before and without question masks. They are extremely strict especially with. the continuing rise in COVID cases.
People like me post op cannot afford to catch Covid for fear of wound infection or even sepsis, It would salsa slow down my rehabilitation programme with serious consequences. What is with people like that selfish idiot in Mrs B’s ward? IMO chuck em out!
Thanks DD. Mrs B has to go back for the op, but they needed to get her out of the ward due to the covid lady. It was safer for her to be at home. Hospital is choc a bloc with covid people.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks DD. Mrs B has to go back for the op, but they needed to get her out of the ward due to the covid lady. It was safer for her to be at home. Hospital is choc a bloc with covid people.
And we have this rubbish that “ we’ve got to learn to live with covid”. The current variant may be milder but it’s causing mayhem in hospitals that are desperately trying to make inroads into the backlog of cases. Even our local garage has a sign “ no mask no entry no work” I’m so surprised at your local hospital policy on masks.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
And we have this rubbish that “ we’ve got to learn to live with covid”. The current variant may be milder but it’s causing mayhem in hospitals that are desperately trying to make inroads into the backlog of cases. Even our local garage has a sign “ no mask no entry no work” I’m so surprised at your local hospital policy on masks.
Our local hospital enforces the policy on masks being worn? They are doing extensive renovations at the hospital and even the workmen who enter the building are wearing masks. The problem being is that you cannot watch everyone e very second and people take advantage of that! 😡

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our local hospital enforces the policy on masks being worn? They are doing extensive renovations at the hospital and even the workmen who enter the building are wearing masks. The problem being is that you cannot watch everyone e very second and people take advantage of that! 😡
The minute HMG scrapped masks and self isolation for People with Covid, the “death knell sounded”🤬🤬🤬

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
News from my brother who has just celebrated his birthday that his family (including one year old grandson) has tested positive for Covid luckily they are all recovery and well .
A reminder that this has still a strong preference

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am quite glad that my wife and myself have contracted the latest version of covid, as it has given us a bit more immunity. My wife has COPD and was on the highly vulnerable list, and we both have had 3 vaccinations of the Pfiser jab.
Luckily we had very light symptoms, thankfully at the moment the covid death rates are low.

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
SWMBO missed my mums funeral mid February because of Covid😢. I cannot understand what has truly changed that says an infected person no longer needs to isolate 🤔

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
SWMBO missed my mums funeral mid February because of Covid😢. I cannot understand what has truly changed that says an infected person no longer needs to isolate 🤔
I think it is because, when someone now has the latest covid, it is no longer as Deadly as the previous strains, my youngest son tested positive last Sunday, and he is Isolating for the week, thankfully his employers are happy enough to let him do that.
When my wife had Phnemonia several years ago, she was terrible for months, our bout of covid three months ago was like a light cold. We both had to do PCR tests, not just the LFT.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We tested positive for Covid last Monday 🤧
Obviously we're staying in and away from everybody until it passes.
Fortunately ours seems to be the less deadly version, but it goes to show that in spite of social distancing, masks, hand washing etc; it's still possible to get Covid.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I still have the Covid App on my phone, and have two boxes of LFT's, and a PCR kit, but if people have just a runny nose and a small cough, will they go and buy a test kit, I dought it. They might think they have Hayfever or a summer cold.
Let us hope, the covid weakens al the time.
Stay safe Parksy and Carole.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just come back from Matalan and ALDI in Quedgeley and think we only saw one or two people wearing masks. We still wear our masks entering any shop or supermarket and don't care about the strange looks we may get.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just come back from Matalan and ALDI in Quedgeley and think we only saw one or two people wearing masks. We still wear our masks entering any shop or supermarket and don't care about the strange looks we may get.

Could have come for a cuppa. You would have been welcome.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We tested positive for Covid last Monday 🤧
Obviously we're staying in and away from everybody until it passes.
Fortunately ours seems to be the less deadly version, but it goes to show that in spite of social distancing, masks, hand washing etc; it's still possible to get Covid.
Stay safe Parksy and Carole

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sad to say we got news last night the neigbour partner had passed away he was suffering it was a blessing for him and his partner.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly and additional worry for me as Mrs B was rushed to hospital yesterday morning by ambulance, but not for Covid. The concern is irresponsible people like the lady with Covid in the same ward the last time Mrs b was confined to a ward resulting in Mrs B being discharged too early.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly and additional worry for me as Mrs B was rushed to hospital yesterday morning by ambulance, but not for Covid. The concern is irresponsible people like the lady with Covid in the same ward the last time Mrs b was confined to a ward resulting in Mrs B being discharged too early.
Hi Ian i hope Mrs B soon on the way to recovery and life returns to normal

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A very sad day to be readmitted. It is such a waste of money and time when this happens. I was told the majority of orthopaedic beds in my area had been transferred to Covid wards. We had 36 beds now reduced to 12. 6 for each sex. At least here segregation is still in place.
I hope Mrs Buckman now gets the fix she needed earlier with no more hic ups.
I wonder why the C19 patient wasn’t isolated earlier?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A very sad day to be readmitted. It is such a waste of money and time when this happens. I was told the majority of orthopaedic beds in my area had been transferred to Covid wards. We had 36 beds now reduced to 12. 6 for each sex. At least here segregation is still in place.
I hope Mrs Buckman now gets the fix she needed earlier with no more hic ups.
I wonder why the C19 patient wasn’t isolated earlier?
I think it was lurking when the woman was first admitted and then became predominant after admission. Annoyingly for everyone else in the ward she would wander around and had to be told on several different occasions to wear a mask. Some people are very selfish and only care about themselves!

Reactions: Dustydog
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I did mention some time ago that we had Covid in February that lasted three weeks. And I have had lots of problems which are worst than when I had it . My GP has been very helpful in getting appointments for hospital checks . So far it has been CT . endoscopy , colonoscopy and next week x-ray on chest. So far our next time out in May is still on. On The bus today to hospital only two of us had mask on .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts