Covid again😥

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
According to this article a second strain of Covid , known as Eris has hit our shores😥😥. Anyone else heard of it?

A new Covid variant dubbed Eris has emerged as hospital admissionsspike amid bad weather and waning immunity this summer.

A descendant of Omicron, Eris, or EG.5.1, was first classified as a variant by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 9 August. It is now the second most prevalent variant in the UK and the most common varient in the US, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC).

The surge in Covid cases comes as estimated numbers jumped by almost 200,000 last month, from 606,656 predicted cases on 4 July to 785,980 on 27 July, according to The Zoe Health Study, which estimates figures for UK Covid infections.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It was reported in The Guardian on 18 August but it seems that vaccinated people aren’t badly affected even if they should catch it. At present the Government are still planning to open Covid vaccinations for thevvulnerable until the Autumn round.

It’s a case of “Don’t panic Captain Mainwaring”

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I was invited two months ago for another Booster jab, as I was vulnerable, when I got to the appointment, it turns out I am no longer Vulnerable enough.

Reactions: GaryB
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I was invited two months ago for another Booster jab, as I was vulnerable, when I got to the appointment, it turns out I am no longer Vulnerable enough.
Eldest son telephoned us a week ago to say he had COVID again, he just felt rough and tired, but where he works said stay off work until after the Bank holiday.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I thought that the list of conditions regarded as Vulnerable had been extended this year - I now "qualify" as Vulnerable whereas I didn't during the main Covid crisis time.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
My wife (asthma sufferer) had the same invite and when she turned up was told it was all a bit of a **** up and she wasn’t vulnerable enough and couldn’t have the vaccine.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Aug 29, 2023
Visit site
Although I am young, reasonably fit and healthy, I would love to be invited for a booster. The more protection I can get myself will help me protect my young and elderly family.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our grandson has contracted this, presumably from school but has no real problem. It is regarded as a fairly mild strain but can cause problems in some people. It is now part of our life like flu and the common cold and I am afraid we just have to live with it. It may seem hard but it is true, although possibly there may be a case for increasing the number of people to be vaccinated.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had covid whilst away on holiday, but it was on a par with a cold so didn’t stop us going out and about. My wife avoided it, but yesterday our granddaughter came round for lunch and was a bit under par. She tested last night and is positive, hopefully my wife avoids it as her flu and covid vaccinations are on 8 October.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have to go for our Covid and flu injections to day at midday. Strangely I also got an invite to book an appointment for a shingles vaccination. I knew of shingles, but never knew what issues it caused. No one in our families have ever suffered from shingles, but I believe it is very uncomfortable if you do catch it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have to go for our Covid and flu injections to day at midday. Strangely I also got an invite to book an appointment for a shingles vaccination. I knew of shingles, but never knew what issues it caused. No one in our families have ever suffered from shingles, but I believe it is very uncomfortable if you do catch it.
Have the shingles jab, it’s very painful if you catch the disease.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
8.00 am today at our local surgery had my flu jab. Heard nothing about Covid. Not bothered . It seems it’s treated no worse than the flu. I think I had it in November 2019 before it was officially announced

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
8.00 am today at our local surgery had my flu jab. Heard nothing about Covid. Not bothered . It seems it’s treated no worse than the flu. I think I had it in November 2019 before it was officially announced
Strange you say that as in mid November 2019 my wife went to Malaysia and Borneo with our son and his partner. When they returned my wife and son were both poorly with what they thought was flu, but both had been vaccinated for flu in October 2019. But given they didn’t infect the rest of us on their return we ruled covid out when discussing it as the pandemic broke

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had Flu jabs today and was informed the booster vaccination will have be done later because they haven"t receive enough at present .
But with someone in my family had shingles this year i got to have that jab now as well .

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Maybe booster jabs have fallen into the same priority with the Government as for funding as our poorly maintained roads. We have German friends who have had 5 covid jabs of different types already. This is to offer protection against multiple variants.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t see any real evidence that covid jabs are not readily available. The post above from BB indicates the booster not available on that day but I suggest had he looked at other venues it would have been available.

There’s several members postings confirming they have now had the latest covid jab. My wife and I are down to get our Covid and flu jabs next week, neighbours and friends have either had theirs or are booked to get them shortly.

Wrt German progress my wife and I have had just as many Covid jabs (at least).

Now wrt roads they certainly do need money spent on them to improve the poor conditions. But recent announcements say it’s going to happen.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I don’t see any real evidence that covid jabs are not readily available. The post above from BB indicates the booster not available on that day but I suggest had he looked at other venues it would have been available.

There’s several members postings confirming they have now had the latest covid jab. My wife and I are down to get our Covid and flu jabs next week, neighbours and friends have either had theirs or are booked to get them shortly.

Wrt German progress my wife and I have had just as many Covid jabs (at least).

Now wrt roads they certainly do need money spent on them to improve the poor conditions. But recent announcements say it’s going to happen.
The only NHS Covid jabs in my area are at a pharmacy 10 miles away . Our doctors have never done them . Covid seems to have been downgraded in parts of the U.K. whereas flu and Shingles are high priority

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The only NHS Covid jabs in my area are at a pharmacy 10 miles away . Our doctors have never done them . Covid seems to have been downgraded in parts of the U.K. whereas flu and Shingles are high priority
The majority of locations in our area are pharmacies, although our Health Center are doing both vaccinations and did a three day session a week ago for those eligible. I missed it as we were in holiday, but they have lots of future appointments.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Our surgery isn't doing Covid boosters, just the flu jab - they held a walk-in session a couple of weeks ago but we were away that weekend so booked it for last Friday - I went online to find out where we could get Covid boosters and booked appointments, when we got there they offered us the flu jab as well but we just had the Covid one.

We had our shingles jab when we became 65, an automatic invitation based on birth date.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our surgery isn't doing Covid boosters, just the flu jab - they held a walk-in session a couple of weeks ago but we were away that weekend so booked it for last Friday - I went online to find out where we could get Covid boosters and booked appointments, when we got there they offered us the flu jab as well but we just had the Covid one.

We had our shingles jab when we became 65, an automatic invitation based on birth date.
Hi Roger i also looking online to see where i can get my Covid booster done and get appointment made asap

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts