Covid for the first time

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My previous post #21, was in response to Htches comment #15 in which he queried the relative morbidity rates of covid and flu.

Currently "thought to be ten times more fatal the flu". "Thought" is not necessarily fact.
Whilst technically you are correct that it has not been stated as a fact, for a respected major university to use such wording is very likely to be based on sound underlying information suggesting such a proportion.

All through this pandemic we have been told to listen to "the science", as if it is one single immutable entity.

I for one would much prefer to put my trust in in source of information that can show how it has derived its data and conclusions, than in speculation and conspiracy theorists. John Hoskins University has a well respected track record of providing epidemiology investigations .

On balance the "scientists " have a better handle on what makes the world tick - But a good scientist will never say they are 100% right becasue, there is always room for improving research that might reveal a new perspective or understanding.

There are all too many voices of doom and gloom in the media and swathes of the so called scientific community who would have us in masks and lockdowns forever more. Restrictions which were based on advice from "experts" such as behavioural psychiatrists and ridiculous projections of people like Neil Ferguson all dressed up as "The Science". ..... The majority of the media focused on the negativity. I prefer to listen to more rational people such as Prof Carl Heneghan, Prof Sunetra Gupta and Dr Renee Hoenderkamp. To be honest, these days I just prefer not to worry and get on with life.

It's quite common to find recognised experts might disagree about a solution to a problem. That does not necessarily mean that one or more is wrong, it can sometimes mean it's a different approach and any might achieve the same end but just by a differnt route. In the case of Covid, that is almost certainly the case which explained how so many different types of effective vaccine were developed.

Unfortunately the Media sees bad new and good news.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
My previous post #21, was in response to Htches comment #15 in which he queried the relative morbidity rates of covid and flu.

Whilst technically you are correct that it has not been stated as a fact, for a respected major university to use such wording is very likely to be based on sound underlying information suggesting such a proportion.

I for one would much prefer to put my trust in in source of information that can show how it has derived its data and conclusions, than in speculation and conspiracy theorists. John Hoskins University has a well respected track record of providing epidemiology investigations .

On balance the "scientists " have a better handle on what makes the world tick - But a good scientist will never say they are 100% right becasue, there is always room for improving research that might reveal a new perspective or understanding.

It's quite common to find recognised experts might disagree about a solution to a problem. That does not necessarily mean that one or more is wrong, it can sometimes mean it's a different approach and any might achieve the same end but just by a differnt route. In the case of Covid, that is almost certainly the case which explained how so many different types of effective vaccine were developed.

Unfortunately the Media sees bad new and good news.
You have completely missed my point . But I am not going to continue this conversation as it’s off topic and there was no intention for a debate with this thread.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
This morning on the telebox, it mentioned that "Colds" are lasting Upton. 3 weeks now rather than the 4 days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts