craigie gardens

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
has anyone been to this cc park since the start of the new Ayr campus? how much disruption has been caused? and is it very noisy? booked up to go for new year but have heard a few stories. hope this new building will not spoil a beautiful park.

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We normally go to Craigie for weekend trips but haven't managed this year due to other commitments. We are going to Craigie for the October school holidays so I shall let you know how we get on.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Have not stayed on the site since this work started but only live 15miles from Ayr and after reading your posting went down last night and went round to the site. Looks terrible with the site practically surrounded with wooden hoardings. The construction traffic turns off the main drive and looks like it passes the site entrance. As you walked out of the site previously you could turn right and follow the path to the river and walk into the town, this is now blocked off. I don't know what the future holds for the site even when this work is completed but i think much of its appeal will be lost. Just wonder if this is why the CC didn't go ahead with the planned refurbishment earlier this year. Hope we will get some more comments regarding this as the site looked to be about 95% full last night.

William

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We are booked into Craigie Gardens in early November. Having read this post we took the train to Ayr on Monday (I work for a rail company so enjoy free rail travel)

The access from the main road is being used by lorries working on the Campus extension. They drive right passed the entrance to the site. As stated earlier you cannot turn right from the site and walk into Ayr.

The high brick wall behind the first few pitches after the office has been demolished and replaced by hoardings.

On Monday at 1100 am although work was in progress there was very little noise.

We will be using the site as booed in early November but will check it out again next year before making any further bookings.

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
We have booked for Hogmany! but i think building sites shut down for 2 weeks. Well heres hoping. Is the site a mess - hope not.

The Gardiners

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi, just returned from Craigie Gardens this afternoon. The entrance to Craigie Park in which you use to enter the club site is also the entrance for all construction traffic. When we arrived on the Wednesday afternoon we had to negotiate past two lorries which were trying to get out from the construction site. The road leading up to the site is full off pot holes. They are currently making a temporary path for pedestrians coming in/out of the park. As stated before you cannot turn right when leaving the site as this is all blocked off. What used to be a lovely park for going for a walk either into Ayr or just around the grounds has been totally ruined in my opinion

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi - I ran out of space so I shall continue!! The work starts at around 8.30am and goes on until around 6.00pm. There is some noise as you would expect from a building site, but I wouldn't say it spoilt our stay. I noticed there was alot of dirt/dust in the air as I had to clean the caravan windows a couple of times. The wardens are doing an excellant job off keeping the site clean & tidy. I did hear that someone spotted some workmen using the toilet block but I never noticed this - and I was pitched straight across from the toilets. I would stay clear off the first five or six pitches as you enter the site as the building work comes right up to the site fence. There is boards up to screen the work but I think this would be where the most noise would be. There is a generator that runs all night. But I only heard it when I took the dog out by the site entrance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts