Cuckoos corner

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
*** down the road Steve, you're not far from there :O)

It's too close to the A49 for me although it seems to be popular. We went by there last Friday on the way to Dinmore Caravans and it was full.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We stayed there for 3 days this September. It is a laid back sort of site with a friendly owner. There are large [long] hardstandings and easy access from the main road. The toilet facilities are old but functional. With site fee of

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi there

We have also stayed at Cuckoos corner at first we thought it was a little close to the main road however the fact that the site was so family friendly and laid back and nothing was to much trouble for the owner it made up for the little road noise from the A49. The children did enjoyed the free range chickens roaming around the site if it was up to them one would have been in the van back home with us.

Simon

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi LB

I go past the place regularly as her majesty loves the chippy at moreton.

The site changed hands about 18 months ago. I looked at it last year as we need a site for about 7 weeks over winter. Was put off last year by a few vans that looked very grotty and the somewhat dated toilet and shower facilities.

Ended up at a pub site on the western edge of Leominster. Big mistake! The toilets were shared by pub residents which left them in not the best condition at times. No showers. Also we had to wade through mud for 5 out of 7 weeks until a road was put in to facilitate our departure.

Going to have a look at Cuckoo's soon to see what has been done to improve what is a very popular site in the summer. The hard standings are big at 45ft long so there should be no need for waders to get to the van. The electric supply standard is very important to me as I use a CPAP pump at night for my sleep apnea.

Steve L.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Steve I know of one CL that's open all the year round near Holme Lacy, which is the wrong side of Leominster if that's an issue. It's like a mini CC site, all hardstandings. Very peaceful with lots of bird life. We stayed there for about 6 weeks because our daughter and family were living at our place while between homes.

Let me know if your interested and I'll fish out the info for you. I don't know the cost though.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi LB.

I would appreciate your offer of the info on the site at Holme Lacey.

Cuckoo's was ok but did have a dated loo facility & only 10 amp hook up's.

I can be found on the same handle @hotmail.com or you can use this pitch.

Cheers, atb Steve L.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks LB.

Had a look at the web site, looks very tidy. We have shower facilaties in our van, just a bit of a squeeze for a 6+ footer like me. Top priority to me is 16 amp lecy and well drained hard standings.

Might just mozy over there in the week and have a deco.

Cheers Steve L.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The owners both worked Steve and one of thems dad used to do the bins, rake the leaves etc. but hardly saw him. Sadly he might no longer be on this planet because he was getting on a bit.

It was this time of year we were there, we've never been in the summer, but I bet it's beautiful. Pity it's so close to home.

TRENDING THREADS