Damp found during service

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Charge to remove bunk seats๐Ÿ™€ Are yours fixed?
This is getting as good as an Agatha Christie novel ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Nope they are normal caravan bunk cushions. This is the first time we have been asked to remove the furnishings and then charged because we did nto and the tech had to remove the furnishings. We gave him the caravan as it was on delivery with almost everything cleared out. Nothing under front bunks.
He may be good and very thorough, but next year we will be looking for another AWS technician to do the servicing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Further to my earlier posts we went to the caravan yesterday after that extremely heavy downpour that we had and took some pictures inside the front locker.
The caravan has been in storage for the past 3 weeks and not moved. The front is higher than the rear. As you can see from the pictures on the metal skin inside the locker there is water however I am not sure if this is condensation or not.
However the pictures of the locker floor clearly show that the dark patches are where the board is soaked from water coming in through the top of the locker due to a poor seal. Unfortunately it seems that on the offside this has seeped through to floor underneath the ALDE boiler giving a reading of 40% damp. I have no idea whether this area was checked on previous servicing by the dealer. Somehow I think it unlikely as it is not marked on their damp diagrams.
In the meantime I have purchased some Armaflex Self Seal Pipe Insulation Lagging to fit over the top of the locker door or maybe inside on the caravan shell to prevent further water ingress.
In the second picture you can see the join where the front locker board meets the wall of the caravan. There is a right angled plate there which is supposed to be riveted to the side. We had to have the rivets replaced at the last service, but not sure if this affected anything.
I am not sure what will need to be done to dry out the area and to do a proper repair to prevent further water ingress? As it is a 2018 caravan I am assuming that this damp is an inherent fault due to design issues and that the damp ingress is covered by the warranty? Many other similar caravans of the same and later years have had the same issue.Front locker damp3.jpgFront locker damp2.jpgFront locker damp1.jpgFront locker damp.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts