Debates

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I am new to this forum but I have suggested to the moderator that maybe a debate topic.

There is always some debate or other going on, and they can be quite lengthy, get very heated, but this is good I feel.

If someone starts a topic and it turns into a debate everyone could be notified on screen and the topic could be moved into a debate section to be carried on.

It may sound a silly idea, but I thought I would put it forward to the moderator anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley, I can see your trying to improve things round here, that's great and to be honest, the place needs a little sprucing up. Trouble is, who knows when a topic becomes a debate? And would the contributors want their topic moving? Also, there's the fact that the mods on this forum, while being laid back and discrete (the way we like em) probably won't like the extra work involved for so little a return. We have managed to keep the 4x4 problem in Tow Cars, moving it around doesn't bode well.

There have been various suggestions for forums, like the theft register, that are a good idea, so perhaps a different title for your forum might work. Perhaps a Rant"n"Rave forum, so members know exactly what to expect.

Best Regards

Lol

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
hello again smiley.as you may have guessed im always up for a healthy debate,my first posting on this site seemed to spark a row!i think too many are allowed to give their sometimes doubious opinions without having to quantify them.lets go for it mate!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Craig theres nothing wrong with debate, it's when it turns into a row that theres problems with name calling etc. I'm all for having a separate forum heading to debate other issues away from caravanning, good idea I think. Gets my vote, people don't have to look at it if they don't want too.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
youre absolutely right lord.it seems to me that the name calling starts when the legitimate argument runs out.the problem is,some folks get on their high horse and dont really have an argument at all,more a pet hate.maybe we should start a pet hates forum rather than a debating one,then folks can have their say without having to justify it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts