Dehumidifier

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone any advise about the use of a dehumidifier inside a motorhome when not being used during the winter. If so, size and make would be great. Having spoken with Swift about winter storage they recommended a bucket of salt which we have used in the static during the winter period. My thoughts are a dehumidifier must be better.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Daytripper - IMHO a bucket of salt would be just as effective, cheaper & not reliant on having the mains hook-up requirement. Humid air will continually enter the van due to the vents& a dehumidifier will cause more damp air to enter as they rely on air circulation.

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Thankyou for your advice. I can see the sence in your reply. I recently had a damp survey by swift in my motorhome which was only produced in May 2013, however as you have said moisture is entering all the time especially in this crap weather in the uk.

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
We have always used for both caravans and motorhomes the damp traps that you can buy, they work fine and as flickr has said you only draw the damp air in from outside, just make sure you empty them regularly.

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I bought a dehimidifer frm B & Q on recommendation from my brother who uses one on his boat, got it on a timer from 11:00 to 15:00 daily and the motorhome no longer feels damp when you enter, so that's what I a sticking with
hope that helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts