Dethleffs..

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Dethleffs Rally Nomad 530 does anyone know what the wiring is for the 12s plug ( Colours and numbers) as I'm a little confused because as you all know on the uk vans they have the grey cable but mine has black for both 12n and 12s on the 12n I can follow the colours to pin numbers but the 12s just does not make since. Just wondering if anyone else has this set up. Thanks in advance.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob,

All of the tow-bar sockets (and caravan plugs) currently used in the UK and Europe follow international ISO standards which specify exactly the function of each pin in the connector.

The colour of the external weather-proof cable insulation is not specified - so don't worry that it's not grey.

The internal colours of the wires used for the 12S connection can follow one of several possibilities:

The 12S cable could use the same cable colour codes as that used for the 12N 7 pin connector

Or it can use the colour codes from the second half of the 13 pin ISO 11446 standard (which uses a single cable and so the remaining 6 wires need to use a different colour for differentiation).

Do you have a specific problem?

Robert

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob,

All of the tow-bar sockets (and caravan plugs) currently used in the UK and Europe follow international ISO standards which specify exactly the function of each pin in the connector.

The colour of the external weather-proof cable insulation is not specified - so don't worry that it's not grey.

The internal colours of the wires used for the 12S connection can follow one of several possibilities:

The 12S cable could use the same cable colour codes as that used for the 12N 7 pin connector

Or it can use the colour codes from the second half of the 13 pin ISO 11446 standard (which uses a single cable and so the remaining 6 wires need to use a different colour for differentiation).

Do you have a specific problem?

Robert
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply, when I looked in the plug I have found a couple of lose wire's that look like they used to be in place.

The caravan went back to the dealer for some warranty work earlier this year we then took it onto a seasonal pitch but only last weekend I noticed that the plug had been changed not sure what has happened? somebody been messing around or it happened at the dealers? I was just hoping that someone else had a dethleffs and could check there wiring.

Thanks Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts