DFDS Caravan Dover/Calais ferry - £29.00 car and caravan low season, £39.00 high season, free amendments.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use the code: CS12 on the DFDS website to get low season car and caravan crossings, £29.00 each way, high season £39.00 each way, (car and caravan under 12 m) book before the show ends, free amendments until 30th June! Any date, any sailing (not silly o'clock crossings!).
I've tried it on Dover/Calais, and on Dover/Dunkerque.
The offer also includes crossings for £19.00 each way for a car or a motorhome, low season, and £29.00 high season. Up to five passengers are included.
Edited by moderator.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just to add to the above, you can even book a crossing if you haven't decided on dates! The free amendments clause means you can book now, and change it later.
Apparently a similar offer is also available through the Caravan Club (you have to phone) but amendments are subject to the Caravan Club normal £20 per amendment.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Val
Thanks for that. I have just booked the crossing for August. These prices had disappeared from the CC site so I was getting concerned about the costs.
Thanks again
Jon

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val.
I booked Dover to Dunkirk via the Caravan Club yesterday at £58 return for car and caravan. Travelling out on 20th June, returning 18th July. Saved us £40 on what we were anticipating!
I believe the CC offer ended yesterday though.

Enjoy your holidays.

Trevor M.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Val.
Thanks for the ;Heads up'.
I got a price of £58 Return...Great
Then...It asked for unit lenght Then the price shot up by an extra £120 to a total of £178.
That cannot compare with £112 with P&O or £119 via the Chunnel.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Someone else reported that had happened (with a motorhome) and then realised that they'd actually selected the wrong category of motorhome. There are two choices and when they chose the proper one the price corrected itself.
However, I know with a longer car/caravan combination there is a £10 per metre supplement on each leg of the journey.
However, for those of us with under 12m combinations or a standard motorhome then it was a great offer.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My Dover-Dunkirk crossing is £118 this year, compared to £72 last year.Apparently its because of the dates I want to travel. I don't mind that too much, but what I dont like is the £30 each for the dogs! £178!!
Still, when you divide it by 7 weeks that's only £25 per week.We'd like to stay out longer, but even retired people have to be home sometime!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I must admit given a choice, we would prefer not to use DFDS but at the prices we get (and given that we're on an absolute budget) we tend to forget how crowded/noisy/full of sleeping people they are and just 'chill'!

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have just booked the ferries for our jaunt with the C.C
Harwich to Hook of Holland £69.30, 09.00 sailing
Calais to Dover £47.04, 10.45 sailing
Not bad for a 12 metre outfit
smiley-smile.gif

Red pennant cost more than the ferries £158 for 28 days
smiley-frown.gif

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I can see a lot of you have booked these cheap prices.

I never seem to get these prices it always depends on when and at what time you go.
I have never found a cheap tunnel price..

So could people include the details to go with their prices?
thanks

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've been trying to get a crossing using the code CS12 but it doesn't work.

I've not change the up to 12m either for the total length, looked at different days but nothing and this is for a crossing in June.

So don't know where these prices are I've done both crossings but nothing.

will try August but I won't hold my breath

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry Marie, you've missed out this time. If you read the first post you'll see that the code (and discounts) only apply during the course of the Caravan Show at the NEC.
RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use the code: CS12 on the DFDS website to get low season car and caravan crossings, £29.00 each way, high season £39.00 each way, (car and caravan under 12 m) book before the show ends, free amendments until 30th June! Any date, any sailing (not silly o'clock crossings!).
I've tried it on Dover/Calais, and on Dover/Dunkerque.
The offer also includes crossings for £19.00 each way for a car or a motorhome, low season, and £29.00 high season. Up to five passengers are included.
These too good to be true offers, really do work, but they have to be booked immediately they appear.

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I felt I had to join and write the following;
DFDS on the Dover Dunkirk route are brilliant, I highly recommend them, I commute the channel and have experience of all, I used to use Seafrance due to flexibility and cheepness, not service!, I had a carnet, when they went pop I reluctantly started with DFDS, no choice, Seafrance bumped me to them FOC. Anyway brilliant ships, good food and excellent staff what a change for me from seafrance, I was made up!
Then, odear, I tried the new service, medieval is the best description, old boat with only one open deck, surley ex-seafrance staff, the food, well I tried it, ate none of it, when I complained I was told it was “industrial chicken” I found no mention of that on the menu. Just a very poor expearence, I will never repeat, give DFDS a go, but avoid the Calais route, not sure what they are up to, bought to mind the film the Producers, surly they don’t want to be this bad?

TRENDING THREADS