Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I have recently purchased a 2009 Elddis Odessey 550 my problem is that all the electrics work fine on mains electricity.However,when I try to run the electrics of battery only nothing works the battery is fully charged and also brand new I have reset the mains box is there something im missing?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
the fuse swift is on about is not in the place you may be looking

there is a 20 amp yellow cartridge fuse sometimes fitted on the

wiring behind the battery box inside the van

check and let us know

nice of swift to comment on an elddis to help you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gilbert, you say you have no electric when your not connected to the mains "all the electrics work fine on mains electricity.However,when I try to run the electrics of battery only nothing works the battery is fully charged and also brand new I have reset the mains box is there something im missing?"

The electric wont work if your not connected, or do you mean your 12 volt system?

If you do and this is not meant to be funny or sarcastic, have you got it switched on? normally on your control panel a rocker switch

car - van - middle is normally off you need it set to van

hope this helps

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi have you got an isolating switch that switches off the power to the van when using the motor mover? A two way switch perhaps ,that needs to be switched the other way.

Best of luck.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Gilbert,

Why not give your dealer a ring and speak to the workshop manager.Surely he would be able to guide you through the required checks, and give you the correct advice. I have done this with my dealer a few times over many years.

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts