Renting a cottage

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have now advertised the caravan with a load of extras thrown in as could not be bothered with trying to sell them individually. However the Isabella Magnum porch awning and the Jormax windbreaks will be sold separately.
You will get a lot of customers after the porch awning and windbreaks and i hope the caravan goes for the asking price good luck .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Now we have a dilemma! Shortly after writing the above post we got a phone call from a campsite in Weston Super Mare where we had put our names down for a seasonal pitch about two - three years ago.

It is a fully serviced hard standing pitch with water hookup and in a corner so bigger than most of the other pitches. Reasonable nice view and no chance of the site flooding. Good TV and mobile phone reception in the area and obviously the beach is within about three miles away.
To be fair with the issues you’ve had over the last two years I’m not surprised. However I suspect the impromptu clear out of everything this week may have swayed your decision.

The real question is sell now or in the spring? Will next weeks budget adversely affect caravanning? Eg diesel increasing by 7- 10 p per litre?

If you fancy WSM and the Seasonal price is good perhaps that could be a half way house stepping stone before final closure?

My friends farm has storage for 100 caravans. For decades he has always had an outstanding list of people waiting for a vacant storage pitch. He told me this Wednesday he has vacancies and will have to advertise the spaces! Unprecedented!
Maybe a sign of the changing times 😉

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are now leaning more towards the seasonal site and may go down tomorrow to view them as there is a choice of two pitches. The pitch on the corner although slightly larger, has tall trees on the one side and may obstruct a satellite signal so we need to make sure which pitch is right for us if we decide to go ahead with the seasonal pitch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Now we have a dilemma! Shortly after writing the above post we got a phone call from a campsite in Weston Super Mare where we had put our names down for a seasonal pitch about two - three years ago.

It is a fully serviced hard standing pitch with water hookup and in a corner so bigger than most of the other pitches. Reasonable nice view and no chance of the site flooding. Good TV and mobile phone reception in the area and obviously the beach is within about three miles away.
Take it. Try it for a year and if it doesn’t work then sell the Buc. Our experience of being seasonal was really great.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts