Do you keep your van in storage

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
If you keep your van in storage or even at home then a gadget that I have just got is worth looking at , it is a portable intruder alarm the size of a cigarette packet that when it detects an intruder sends a message to your phone no matter where you are. It would also be handy if approaching ferry ports to alert you if anyone has entered your van to get to Britain. It can be run off mains but its battery will last for twelve months.
It is called Minder, so Google Minder GMS to find details.

I am suprised truck drivers coming back from France do not have one in their trailers to detect illegal immigrants.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It is similar but relies on 3AA batteries with limited life, Minder lasts a year or can be on mains. Also the other one is armed by remote but by actually being by it Minder can be armed from hundreds of miles away via your smart phone app.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Even though we live 3 miles from the storage it would still take us a minimum of ten minutes to get there and that would be too late. Might be able to get the warden though to go out there so it could work.
Possibly the cctv on the site is a bigger deterrant though.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi my caravan is left on a seasonal pitch but it came with a factory alarm fitted and a Tracker but we have two Wheel Clamps on her and a bulldog hitchlock as well . i think that would be ok you see we live roughly about 140 miles from the site .
Also i have it well covered on the Caravan Insurance
This would be alright if we live nearer but i will stick with what we have but thanks for the input ............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts