Dog Free Parks

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Thats why most of us have a caravan so we can go away with our dogs ,cats ect Klarkys right your barking up the wrong lampost

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
crickey dog free, kid free, clothes free, enjoyments free, whatever next, suggest you try caravan free ? hotels don't seem to want dogs.

vi

Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
Joe could have various reasons for his request. My son in law is severely allergic to dogs and would much appreciate knowing if there were sites that did not allow dogs.

Vi

May 7, 2005
Visit site
What a response Joe got for asking a straight forward question

The problem with some people is,because they're dog owners no one should be anti dog.As for saying people only caravan because they own dogs, is a silly statement.I'm like you Joe, I'd be interested in knowing if their are such sites,and NOT because I'm anti dog. Regards to all Edward

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I think this post was for effect but is it really that different than asking about child free (adults only) sites. We all have our ideals so maybe it is relevant.

Brian (",)

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Yes I thuink it is relevant.

I alway shy away from joining the pro dog threads because although I see no harm in dogs they arnt for me and people get so heated when a comment like thats made.

We visit sites that take dogs..no problem.. but its nice sometimes not to have them around on site so I would also like to see such a list if there is one

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Why is it OK to request ibfo for Adult only sites, yet as soon as anybody mentions dog free sites they are immediatley shot down?

We were on a site last year where i was 'very quietly' playing my accoustic guitar, and I mean quietly...the site owner asked me to be sure I stpped playing by 9pm...which I would have anyway, but when I asked him if that rule applied to dogs barking after 9.00pm which more than drowned out the noise from my guitar he fixed me with a steely glare....I therefore played my guitar until the dogs onsite stopped barking!!

Not everybody likes dogs....I am @+*t scared of them...any size dog, and as a cyclist frequently get chased by them.

As a note Perran springs in Goonhavern (Perranporth Cornwall)is a Dog Free Zone.....Ive never been ther as its 2 miles from where I live!

G

I dont want to enter this arguement because it is one of those where reason usually gets lost.

However, one question does occasionally hit my idle mind.

Why do responsible dog owners carefully collect the waste products from their animals, and then proceed to hang the black bag on a nearby branch, or leave it on the footpath? I only ask because our local beauty spot has waste bins at all the exits, but the paths are usually decorated? The Council does of course do 'collections' when they can, but is this really their job?

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
I dont want to enter this arguement because it is one of those where reason usually gets lost.

However, one question does occasionally hit my idle mind.

Why do responsible dog owners carefully collect the waste products from their animals, and then proceed to hang the black bag on a nearby branch, or leave it on the footpath? I only ask because our local beauty spot has waste bins at all the exits, but the paths are usually decorated? The Council does of course do 'collections' when they can, but is this really their job?
Hi scotch lad

am a dog owner and bugs the .... out of me when i see that, i pick our dogs up all the time, we carry poop bags on us at all times i have even told people to pick up after them but all you get is abuse. at home people do it in our area, all i can say is these other owners are ignorant people who dont care where they leave it at home or other place's .and its people like them who is giving the good owners a bad name I always say its got 2 benefits you are keeping the grass verges clean and it warms your hands in the winter months HA HA.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Where my dog goes I go, that's called a lead.

Where I go my dog goes is called being part of the family.

If you want dog free holidays go to certain static parks or a hotel.

I have a white Labrador and a chocolate Labrador and they go on holiday withus all the time. No trouble what so ever and they aren't still up at 2am Pi**ed on plonck yapping in the awning about a load of Crap while 90% of the site are trying to get some sleep!! (late night adult?!! awning parties)

Grrrr Steve L.

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
Where my dog goes I go, that's called a lead.

Where I go my dog goes is called being part of the family.

If you want dog free holidays go to certain static parks or a hotel.

I have a white Labrador and a chocolate Labrador and they go on holiday withus all the time. No trouble what so ever and they aren't still up at 2am Pi**ed on plonck yapping in the awning about a load of Crap while 90% of the site are trying to get some sleep!! (late night adult?!! awning parties)

Grrrr Steve L.
Yas i must agree with you there

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were at a nice cl site in Woodbury Salterton Exmouth last week. The couple in the next caravan took there 2 dogs on to the dog walk every morning at breakfast time. the walk was on the site up a field boundry path. There was a ranch style wooden fence next to it right at the side of our caravan and the path ended a few yard further on because there were horses in a field. Although they did clear the mess up we had to witness this evry morning just yard from our caravan whilst eating breakfast. I was going to ask them nicely if could move e few yards further back but decided not to in case they to offence. I have no problem with dogs but would also prefer sites without them. It was like Crufts at this site all the other caravans had 2 dogs each.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Some of the response to Joe is quite appalling, a straight foward question I think. Im a dog owner and not offended in any way by this question, its Joes right to be able to go to a site which does not allow dogs, which do exist.

I prefer to go to sites which dont have children screeming at all hours, now have a go about this as well!!!!!!

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please, please do not let this topic turn into an anti-dog, anti-kid thread. I think some of the answers to a civil question are a little harsh. The question was innocent. Just as asking for Adult Only (kid free) sites are. I don't have a dog, but don't have a problem with them on sites, but would choose a dog-free site over one which allowed them. Likewise, I would choose a child-friendly site over an Adult Only site, as funnily enough - I have children. When my children are old enough - I may frequent the other type of site. Maybe someone soon will invent a over 50's site, with no kids, no dogs, and that might, just might, please someone! Each to their own and I think that Joe's question was perfectly innocent.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Some of the response to Joe is quite appalling, a straight foward question I think. Im a dog owner and not offended in any way by this question, its Joes right to be able to go to a site which does not allow dogs, which do exist.

I prefer to go to sites which dont have children screeming at all hours, now have a go about this as well!!!!!!

Kevin H
I quite agree with you, Kevin. Badly behaved children are far worse thanany dog on site,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If Joe would prefer to spend his leisure time in a dog free zone , he has a perfect right to do that. A number of dog owners think that just because they like their animals everyone else should feel likewise. They need to have a bit of tolerance and not try to impose their views on other people.

I have two dogs myself but I can well understand that not everyone will share my enthusiasm for our canine friends.

Live and let live!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sometimes it is wise to have an allergic reaction to dogs and keep away from them. There was a 6 month old baby killed yesterday by two rottweilers.

I personally do not care about dogs one way or the other but I recently spent a weekend at an adult only site. At the end of my stay I would have gladly swopped each dog on site for 10 kids. Owners left them tethered up outside awnings and there was continual barking when other dogs walked past with their owners. I completely understand Joe's request for info on dog free parks.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Why is it OK to request ibfo for Adult only sites, yet as soon as anybody mentions dog free sites they are immediatley shot down?

We were on a site last year where i was 'very quietly' playing my accoustic guitar, and I mean quietly...the site owner asked me to be sure I stpped playing by 9pm...which I would have anyway, but when I asked him if that rule applied to dogs barking after 9.00pm which more than drowned out the noise from my guitar he fixed me with a steely glare....I therefore played my guitar until the dogs onsite stopped barking!!

Not everybody likes dogs....I am @+*t scared of them...any size dog, and as a cyclist frequently get chased by them.

As a note Perran springs in Goonhavern (Perranporth Cornwall)is a Dog Free Zone.....Ive never been ther as its 2 miles from where I live!
Maybe the dogs were barking at your guitar playing!!

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We are dog owners, but have sympathy with Joe who asked a quite reasonable question. We all enjoy caravanning in our own way.In my opinion there is no right or wrong. Dog Free,Child Free, Silence enorced after 10pm etc. each to their own.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you Joe but Good Luck. Only thing I can suggest is check the various guides.They always indicate when dogs are allowede on a site.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts