Domaine de la Barbannne - St Emilion

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
David,have been on this site twice in the last 4 years its a fairly small site that is fairly quiet and facilities that are fine with a nice pool.If you can, ask if you can pitch by 'the cart' overlooking the lake.Some pitches are a bit small and perhaps too much shade.It is very convenient for the village of St Emellion and even more convenient for literally hundreds of vineyards all within a couple of mile!If you want to ask anything specific I will be happy to help.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Davidc

We were there last June great site our pitch was one back from the water. the mosses were at full speed when they attacked, take plenty of repellant. There is a free bus to St Emilion twice a day well worth using. You will need a second morgage to by any wine there, nice to visit but exspensive but don't let that put you off. We have this site on our to visit again list.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We went there a few years ago.

Although wine is expensive they do sell a the lower end of the market, hubby got some for around

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Me again.

Them biting things didn't give us a problem on the two occasions that we went but perhaps the fumes from the red wine kept them away.If you want wine what ever you do do not buy from the town but go to the vineyards direct,I like Grave Figeac by Pomerol( drinking glass of 86'now)

One final point the 'local'supermarket is not local.

TRENDING THREADS