Domaine de la rive.

May 10, 2007
Visit site
If you have search back through posts before you post you will often find the answer you're looking for.

I posted about the site some weeks ago. We have been there numerous times and its very good, and if you are into water sports or want to go sailing or windsurfing its a great place to learn. Great pool and the sites web site shows exactly what you get.

Ria

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Darren, we stayed at this campsite in April this year for 3 nights on our way back home from Spain. Obviously this is an out of season report so I don't know how it will compare to summer there. Even in early April the camp shop was open (Supermarket shopping close by in Biscarosse about 4 miles away)as was the take away/restaurant and there were quite a number of families there for the weekend so it didn't feel 'out of season' It's by a lake, pedaloes, canoes available etc. with a small man made beach. The site is quite large but very well laid out, probably more bugalows than touring spaces. Also UK's Keycamp have tents there. Loo blocks were modern and hot water was very hot! We had plenty of choice of generous pitches and picked one near to the open air swimming pool. I suppose the main question would be would I go back? Yes! but probably not in high season as we have got used to quieter times of the year. Having said that, if we were to take our grandchildren there than I think this would be an ideal child-friendly site with plenty to do for the little darlings. Also, the surrounding area is well worth a visit, The Pyla Dune and Arcachon just two we managed to squeeze in. Hope this helps.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darren, we stayed at this campsite in April this year for 3 nights on our way back home from Spain. Obviously this is an out of season report so I don't know how it will compare to summer there. Even in early April the camp shop was open (Supermarket shopping close by in Biscarosse about 4 miles away)as was the take away/restaurant and there were quite a number of families there for the weekend so it didn't feel 'out of season' It's by a lake, pedaloes, canoes available etc. with a small man made beach. The site is quite large but very well laid out, probably more bugalows than touring spaces. Also UK's Keycamp have tents there. Loo blocks were modern and hot water was very hot! We had plenty of choice of generous pitches and picked one near to the open air swimming pool. I suppose the main question would be would I go back? Yes! but probably not in high season as we have got used to quieter times of the year. Having said that, if we were to take our grandchildren there than I think this would be an ideal child-friendly site with plenty to do for the little darlings. Also, the surrounding area is well worth a visit, The Pyla Dune and Arcachon just two we managed to squeeze in. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. WE have to travel in high season as our daughter is at school now. But sounds good. Were the pitches generally of good size?.

Mar 27, 2007
Visit site
hi darren we stayed at domaine de la rive about 4 years ago. it's quite alarge site with camping amongst the pine trees set along side a very large lake which is very shallow could'nt swimm in it. there is a pool complex with sun deck and slides etc resturant and bar. pitches are large and undefind. the town of bisscarosse is close by with good beaches etc and north about 15km is archon a lovley small seaside town withe plenty of shops etc. nice area of france we had a super holiday there and would go back there is a sailing school on site for school partys have a good time peter

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that info. WE have to travel in high season as our daughter is at school now. But sounds good. Were the pitches generally of good size?.
Hi again, As far as I can remember there were a mixture of large and medium pitches. We managed to find a particularly large corner pitch near the swimming pool, plenty of room for our 7m caravan, awning & car to park well away from the site road. The adjoining pitch to the right was also same size. Have you checked out their website? http://www.larive.fr/index.htm

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren,

We've recently come back from this site. we stayed there at the end of August and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, as did our 2 kids (3 and 7). Water park was fantastic and the beach by the lake was just perfect for having fun in the water, warm shallow water ideal for the kids.

We did a lot of research on prices etc before we went and in the end because of the reduction in price of the site's static caravans at the end of august (also cost of caravan on ferry and extra Diesal and motorway tolls) we decided not to take our caravan but to hire a static direct from the site. This worked really well because we were able to ask for somewhere well away from the entertainment/pool area, which obviously in august on a large site like this is going to be noisy through the day and well into the evening. from what i saw of the touring pitches they were all quite near to the entertainment area (short walk but will be a problem if you want peace and quiet).

Surrounding area is nice plenty of sandy beaches, lake and ocean and good surf at Biscarrosse plage

Jerry

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darren,

We've recently come back from this site. we stayed there at the end of August and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, as did our 2 kids (3 and 7). Water park was fantastic and the beach by the lake was just perfect for having fun in the water, warm shallow water ideal for the kids.

We did a lot of research on prices etc before we went and in the end because of the reduction in price of the site's static caravans at the end of august (also cost of caravan on ferry and extra Diesal and motorway tolls) we decided not to take our caravan but to hire a static direct from the site. This worked really well because we were able to ask for somewhere well away from the entertainment/pool area, which obviously in august on a large site like this is going to be noisy through the day and well into the evening. from what i saw of the touring pitches they were all quite near to the entertainment area (short walk but will be a problem if you want peace and quiet).

Surrounding area is nice plenty of sandy beaches, lake and ocean and good surf at Biscarrosse plage

Jerry
Thanks for your feedback, its good to hear from people that have been. Site looks nice on web, and seems to get good reports. I used to holiday in the area whith my parents when a was a child, now think it would be good to do it again with our daughter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts