Dometic Fridge/Freezer

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
The Dometic fridge/freezer "bleeps" when the door is left ajar. But, it also bleeps when the voltage supplied drops too low. Does anyone know how low the voltage has to be for this to happen? The reason I'm asking is that I'm complaining to EDF that the voltage supplied is not always 220 volts (or there abouts) and just need to quote an approximate figure. Everything else works as normal and it's not like it all the time

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul

The Governments policy of selling off the utilities has made the issue of who is responsible for the supplies a lot more complicated, the adage of "divide and rule" seems to apply here :angry:

The standard for UK voltage is 230V ac, but there are permitted limits of +10% / -6%, thereby allowing 216.2 to 253V

Your power company EDF is not responsible for the power lines that supply your property. that falls under National Grid UK, and they are only responsible for the supply that reaches your meter, beyond that the owner of the property is responsible.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Prof,

It's a bit different in France, where I am. EDF is responsible for the power supply and they are the first port of call whenever anything goes wrong. They, in turn, pass the problem on to their subsidiary (ERDF) who are responsible for the actual cables - but you can't contact them direct! I've already raised my concern with EDF and are waiting for their response but I suspect my actual voltage is arround 190.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Why not ask Bailey or Dometic for advice on the lower threshold voltage for the fridge/freezer beeper to activate. I guess if voltage supply fluctuates then even measuring it with a meter near to point of entry to the property would need a recorder too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
PaulT said:
The Dometic fridge/freezer "bleeps" when the door is left ajar. But, it also bleeps when the voltage supplied drops too low. Does anyone know how low the voltage has to be for this to happen? The reason I'm asking is that I'm complaining to EDF that the voltage supplied is not always 220 volts (or there abouts) and just need to quote an approximate figure. Everything else works as normal and it's not like it all the time
We have a Dometic fridge fitted into our caravan model 8**5 and it seems to work okay even when the voltage drops. Have you tried running it on gas for a couple of hours to see if it still bleeps?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts