Dorset Family Parks

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Planning to head to Dorset in August. Looked at a few sites and not sure which to choose! I have two teenagers in tow but need a compromise between Haven type site and a small site with just a bar, any suggestions please. I will admit I am favouring Freshwater Beach at the moment. Comments please

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We like Merley Court. Granted it is not cheap, but IMO it has the best of both worlds for what you want, it has an onsite pool, kids play area, shop and small bar/ restaurant. You also have free passes for the other Shorefield sites (one is a 5 mile drive away) for the full on pools and entertainment package, yet you can then return to the (relative) peace and tranquility of your site. The back of the site also leads out to a park from which you can cross the road to an old railway line cycle path if that is your thing.

Litton Lawn (same group) offers the same, but I have not been there so I cannot comment.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed at Freshwater Beach several times. Site is quite unique in that it virtually has its own beach, however the water gets quite deep fairly quickly and care is needed when swimming. Site can look very crowded in August but grass pitches are all fairly large and the 2 facilitiy blocks cope quite well. Good shop on site plus heated pool (outdoor), Reasonable takeaway. Club has entertainment and is not too big like some of the larger holiday parks. Next door to Bridport Golf Club, who make visitors very welcome. Nice coastal walks to West Bay and Burton Bradstock

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Having been, I wouldn't go back to Freshwater Beach. Certainly not in August. Cramped, too many pitches and full of, how shall I say...er....well, not the people you WANT to be pitched next to.

Go somewhere else.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts