Draw your own conclusions

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So true , looks like he tried to get passed before the road narrowed, then maybe the vans RH wheels hit central resevation, and the all hell let loose.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
A long time ago i learnt to be prepared to brake slow down and pull back in behind a vehicle or vehicles i had been trying to overtake.. As silly as it sounds that's how i drive/ride i treat every other road user as being a complete brainless idiot and when i see something like that my belief is reaffirmed.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Having watched that a couple of times I can only conclude that the car driver must have gone through the gap in the central reservation - which would probably have got it swinging - gone round the wrong side of the bollard and then tried to get back in in front of the truck.

I suspect the accident was well in progress long before it came into dashcam view.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
That will take one and half, or maybe two rolls of Duct tape to sort.

Always worth waiting even when the impatience monster starts to try to take control, but hey, mostly all of us have had our error of judgement moments.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have found the roads around, Aylesbury, to be the place where we get cut up the most by impatient drivers. Get back to round about City, Milton Keynes. And no problems. Mind you Paris Periferie, at rush hour can be daunting, with the van on the back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JonnyG said:
A long time ago i learnt to be prepared to brake slow down and pull back in behind a vehicle or vehicles i had been trying to overtake.. As silly as it sounds that's how i drive/ride i treat every other road user as being a complete brainless idiot and when i see something like that my belief is reaffirmed.

I totally agree.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....just to point out that the dash cam in the truck indicates a speed of around 30 mph at time of impact.
The road has a 30 mph maximum speed limit.
Estimated speed of Caravan outfit 45-50mph.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
JonnyG said:

I totally agree.

Wow JonnyG and the Prof and me all in agreement. :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin24 said:
ProfJohnL said:
JonnyG said:

I totally agree.

Are you sure the Prof didn't make a typo and missed out "dis" :p :p

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Martin24 said:
ProfJohnL said:
JonnyG said:

I totally agree.

Are you sure the Prof didn't make a typo and missed out "dis" :p :p

Down boy!! ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
What springs to my mind was another vehicle in front of the camera vehicle doing exactly the same speed. If he had actually managed to overtake, he was no better off and would still have been brought back down to the original speed.

I could semi understand the attempt if he had been stuck behind a tractor for miles on an otherwise empty country road, but that was just pure impatience and utterly pointless.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just plain stupidity by the car driver. You have to realise your limitations when towing and that guy had no idea. Got what he deserved.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
yes got to agree that it was stupidity on behalf of the caravan owner. I am a defensive driver anyway but I go to extra cautious when tugging the tin-tent behind me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts