Driving test

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well, daughter had her driving test this morning and passed 1st time.

She's off out to tell everyone wearing her daffodil aswell.

She was hoping today would be lucky for her.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
OK. Daughters license has come back with groups on.

Info says at 21 you can drive most catigories, but there not on the license as we can see.

It is very confusing to know what groups she has got.

Anyone know?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley

Husband is in the RAF and is a driver, he says if she is under 21 she can only drive a car (Cat C1), at 21 and over she can drive C1+E, C, C+E, D1, D1+E, D, D+E but has to take tests for these to show on licence.

Hope that helps, if not try the DVLA website.

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Oh ha ha you two, you are funny!

What I meant was he is a Mechanical Transport Driver, not a pilot, although that would be nice as we would get a posh house up the other end of the married quarters.

What I don't agree with is the segregation, the officers get better houses than us, our kids are not allowed in the officers married quarters to play, we have 2 coaches come on to the base to pick up the kids for the secondary school, the airmens kids go on one coach and the officers kids go on another - I wold have thought that is encouraging the officers kids to be superior over the airmens kids.

OK, rant over now, I feel better!!

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
p.s me again

What also narks me is the officers can have their caravans in their driveways, airmen have to store theirs over the other side of the airfield in the caravan park secure compound - how unfair is that!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been there, done that, bought the camouflaged tee shirt! Strange how the forces fight the good fight against communism, but just happen to be the largest communistic (is that a real word?) part of society within the UK. Ok that's my rant over, makes us even, Lolly.

Ex-cannon fodder.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly.

My son is an avionics tech just landed harriers on his posting no more jags now you see.

But oh yes you are quite correct about officers, class distinction rules.

Although were told there isn't any.

Who's kidding who?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh ha ha you two, you are funny!

What I meant was he is a Mechanical Transport Driver, not a pilot, although that would be nice as we would get a posh house up the other end of the married quarters.

What I don't agree with is the segregation, the officers get better houses than us, our kids are not allowed in the officers married quarters to play, we have 2 coaches come on to the base to pick up the kids for the secondary school, the airmens kids go on one coach and the officers kids go on another - I wold have thought that is encouraging the officers kids to be superior over the airmens kids.

OK, rant over now, I feel better!!

Lolly x
Lolly,

Oh God,it takes me back to my time in the WRAF.I did my nurses training and was in for 6 years,by which time I was absolutely sick of the petty rules and regulations....and watched as they posted people to the opposite ends of the earth if they did not approve of the relationship :-( However,one good thing.....I met my husband who was doing his national service :)

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly.

My son is an avionics tech just landed harriers on his posting no more jags now you see.

But oh yes you are quite correct about officers, class distinction rules.

Although were told there isn't any.

Who's kidding who?
which base has he got?

Lolly x

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Wittering, which is a lot nearer to usbeing warks.

I could store my van there for free maybe, that's a thought..

He has to go to Cosford for a couple of weeks first, and I think son and wife (she's a med assistant)transfer mid may.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts