DRIVING THROUGH SWITZERLAND

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I hope to be driving through Switzerland at the end of March on a route taking me through the St Gothard tunnel on a journey from Bern to Milan. I have travelled this route before, but only in summer. Any advice re likely road conditions, or suggestions for a more appropriate route would be welcomed. It is perhaps necessary to state that I won't be pulling the caravan on this occasion.

John Dawkins

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's a very nice run. However I think you will find it still compulsary to carry snow-chains in March! And dont forget to buy the tax tickets to travel on the motorways, both for the car and for the van!

Ifyou look back through previous pages this has been covered many times.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's a very nice run. However I think you will find it still compulsary to carry snow-chains in March! And dont forget to buy the tax tickets to travel on the motorways, both for the car and for the van!

Ifyou look back through previous pages this has been covered many times.
I believe it is only compulsory to carry snow chains on certain roads which have been signposted accordingly. One would be well advised to have winter tyres fitted though (they are a legal requirement if passing through Germany or Austria).

TRENDING THREADS