Driving time from Calais to La rochelle??

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Could anyone tell me the average driving time/ towing time down to La Rochelle as I'm heading down there in August and trying to work out what time Eurotunnel to book coming home?

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
In France with the correct outfit you can tow at up to the maximun national speed limit on dry autoroutes (81mph approx).

Beware some route finders do not really compensate for lower towing speeds and work to higher everage speeds due to the higher speed limit.

With an average outfit and regular UK style towing speeds and a break or two, you would be wise looking to take between 8.5 - 10.5 hours. It will depend very much on your towcar and your choice of speed.

On Via Michelin.com route finder you can enter caravan option in the "more options" tab under "driving directions" select vehicle type and select Automobile with Caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
As Gordon says "How long is a.........." However, you've got approx 450 miles to cover. Even towing at around 60, I find I don't average much more than about 48mph, so you're looking at 10 hours driving time. Add on a break every couple of hours is another 75 minutes, then some meal times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts