DVSA trailer towing survey

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I agree with OC. I wonder how it has been targeted, is it primarily aimed at the transport industry?

John

PS

Just answered my own question, page two states.

“Throughout this survey we will refer to towing a 'trailer'. For these purposes this term will refer to everything that can be towed by a car (for example caravans, box trailers, horseboxes, farm appliances etc)

This survey is intended for people with towing experience or who intend to tow in the near future.”

Is this then being targeted via the clubs? Not being a member now I wouldn't know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with OC. I wonder how it has been targeted, is it primarily aimed at the transport industry?

John

PS

Just answered my own question, page two states.

“Throughout this survey we will refer to towing a 'trailer'. For these purposes this term will refer to everything that can be towed by a car (for example caravans, box trailers, horseboxes, farm appliances etc)

This survey is intended for people with towing experience or who intend to tow in the near future.”

Is this then being targeted via the clubs? Not being a member now I wouldn't know.
No the survey is by the DVSA and not apparently biased or influenced by any external organisation.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
No the survey is by the DVSA and not apparently biased or influenced by any external organisation.
I never suggested that it might be influenced. I cannot see how you deduced that. Simply asking how the survey is being targeted to the public.

Surely the gov does not expect the general public to know that the survey exists unless it is advertised in some way, newspapers, tv, fb, the clubs etc.

Perhaps Buckman might say where he found it.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I never suggested that it might be influenced. I cannot see how you deduced that. Simply asking how the survey is being targeted to the public.

Surely the gov does not expect the general public to know that the survey exists unless it is advertised in some way, newspapers, tv, fb, the clubs etc.

Perhaps Buckman might say where he found it.

John
Ironically, the Gov't does expects everyone to regularly visit all their web sites to keep abreast of changes to the way each department makes changes to the area of regulation /law the department is responsible for.

Ignorance is not a defence.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ironically, the Gov't does expects everyone to regularly visit all their web sites to keep abreast of changes to the way each department makes changes to the area of regulation /law the department is responsible for.

The last time I visited The Gov’t web sites the then Health Secretary was certainly keeping abreast of things😉

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I have never seen or heard of that specific expectation. Of course they would like all citizens to go online, but that is never going to happen. I keep getting notification from Premium Bonds that I have a secure message. But it's a faff to login, and I don't keep "money" passwords on any of my devices. Then if I do log in I am told my monthly deposit has been received. I know that by looking at bank transactions.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I completed the survey, simple enough. (I cheated and did is as though I was still towing 😡)

I think it is a good thing but will not inform to a great extent.

John

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts