Easter Holiday

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just returned from 8 days at Sandringham CC site - what a great site, apart from the dust from the gravel and roads - will be hosing down the van and car later!
The Wardens were great and the facilities spotless. The Wardens even put on wine, fruit juice, cake and a quiz for the Royal Wedding which made for a real party atmosphere as it brought many of those staying on the site together.
The only disappointment is the surrounding area - The Sandringham Estate was fantastic (as you would expect) but as for Kings Lynn and Hunstanton, we were very disappointed. If that is what the great British sea-side has to offer, then I will gladly stay in-land.
Only one other moan - the CC office was only permitted to sell milk and a small number of caravan accessories. Anything over this, you had to walk c.100 yards to the CCC shop on the nearby site - proof really does exist that Dick Turpin is alive and well and running this shop! I refuse to pay over £1 extra for a 2 litre bottle of cola than the supermarket price for the same product simply because there is no alternative but to drive (I did without!). Why should we be expected to pay so much more simply because it is a site shop? Yes, they weren't especially busy and at those prices, I am not surprised, but keep your prices reasonable and people will buy.
Rant over, but can highly recommend Sandringham CC site and thank the Wardens for a great week.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
sorry you didnt like hunstanton,i did on my visit their over the easter period of 2007,as for kings lyn well its ont actually a tourist seaside place anyway.
We enjoyed wells just up the road from hunstanton,and this easter was spent near cromer,at east runton and we enjoyed the area,although sheringham wasnt what i expected but thats the fun of touring seeing different places some you like some you dont.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts