Easter Holidays all wrong

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Just checking easter scool holidays around the country.

The easter break is 21st - 24th march, however my kids do not have their school easter break until the 4th - 21st of april.

Has someone messed it all up.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi John,

It depends where you live, ours are off 20th March to 7th April. Some Education authorities are moving towards equalising the lengths of terms, heading to the 4 term year in line with Government guidelines, others are moving more slowly. Over the next few years I am sure we are going to see a lot more changes in school holidays in relation to our past experiences, probably with a longer break in October and shorter Summer holiday, ie 4 roughly equal terms and 3 fortnight holidays and a month in the summer plus half term holidays.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
4 equal terms? That's not the case in Essex, Alan. Consultation a few years ago kicked that idea into touch and we are sticking with 3 terms. Instead, Essex have decided to fix the 'Easter' holiday to the first two weeks of April, no matter when the actual festival falls. When Good Friday/Easter Monday is outside the April slot, schools still take the first two weeks and have a long weekend to cover the actual Easter dates. The days are not extra, they are taken off the summer holiday.

I think it is a good idea that Easter is being 'staggered' as it means that the peak period is diluted slightly with more availability on caravan sites over the spring period.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The situation in Poole /Bournemouth/East Dorset is even more confusing as their holiday dates are not neccessarily the same. This means for example that parents of a Poole middle school child and also has a child at an East Dorset Comprehensive has children on holiday at different dates. As the Poole Middle school may be a feeder into the ED Comprehensive it is unbelievable that this situation exists.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
This new easter situation has got to be the most barmy one yet!

What next, the christmas holidays at the beginning of december!

ATM, easter is classified as high season,as are all times when schools are closed! does this mean that we will soon have another high season,so as to catch this new scattered school holiday!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts