Easter - tips for booking please

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought a caravan & looking to book a pitch over easter somewhere ( within say 100 miles / couple of hours of Derby) for 4 nights & we are having trouble finding any spaces. We are in the CC but all the Easter ones seem to be booked.

Reccomend any sites ( caravan or websites)

Wouldnt mind snowdonia.. Cornwall too far for 4 nights, off to lakes & Tenby/Wales in summer.

Been sitting here for a few night going round in circles.
smiley-undecided.gif

Thanks

Jim (Family of 4, large awning & 23 ft caravan)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Jim - by now all the CC sites will be booked up for Easter. This is due to the on-line booking that begins in December !! What I would recommend is phoning the site you like direct and see what they have. Failing that waiting a bit nearer the time and looking at the late availability part of the CC booking site.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A lot depends on what sort of site you like best.
There are lots of Certified Sites which will have vacancies at reasonable prices but by their very nature they might be a bit quiet or out of the way.
Why not have a look on Caravan Sitefinder to see available sites in the areas that you are interested in?

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
we will try filey brig its 5 min walk to the beech dogs love it, or what we do is a week before we go we ring sites we want and have always got somewhere

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As others have said, the popular CC sites get fully booked incredibly early for the bank holiday dates. When I've been in this situation before I've literally had to ring 20 or 30 CL's before finding a spare pitch. Never a pleasant way of spending a couple of hours of anyones time, but it usually works !

Good luck.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jim
I've just been looking at the Camping & Caravan club website, it does seem busy until after the 25th. Although at Easter they are showing grass pitches with or without electric available at Sandringham...its just over 100 miles from Derby and a lovely site (depends how much you want to pay though). Not sure if you're a member but they don't seem to fill up as quickly as the CC because you have to pay a deposit.
We're members of both clubs but we can never find CC pitches during school hols, we're not quick enough off the blocks when it comes to booking.
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I would suggest you choose the CC site that you fancy and give them a ring. IME the web site says they are full but often they are not - I often wonder if they keep some pitches back for just tis purpose.
As for sites within 100m of Derby:-
York (2 sites)
Ferry Meadows @ Peterborough
Blackwall Plantation down Ashbourne/Carsington way (good if you are only giving the 'van a try)

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I would suggest you choose the CC site that you fancy and give them a ring. IME the web site says they are full but often they are not - I often wonder if they keep some pitches back for just tis purpose.
As for sites within 100m of Derby:-
York (2 sites)
Ferry Meadows @ Peterborough
Blackwall Plantation down Ashbourne/Carsington way (good if you are only giving the 'van a try)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Why not try a rally? We are coming your way to Weston on Trent. Friendly, children welcome and a social each evening if you want. 5 nights £32.50. (plus social fees.) There are lots listed in the magazine. The differences? You need to be on battery and use your own facilities. CCC run temporary holiday sites that are similar- listed in their magazine.

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
WOW.....
thanks for all the replies & a few more sites to bookmark & have a look at (Mrs. on her laptop right now looking for somewhere)

Funnily enough, as some one said, our 1st trip is booked on 26th march to "lean the ropes" to Blackwall plantation. Cant get 2 night so have to settle for Sat night only but we keep checking to see if Fri becomes available.

Again, thanks for the pointers.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Jim,
There certainly are sites out there that are not yet fully booked. I have just booked a pitch at a Forest Holiday site at Beddgelet near Snowdonia for Easter with no problems. 25% deposit required. As has already been pointed out on numerous posts, you'll not have much chance of a CC pitch now.
Maybe worth having a look at caravansitefinder.co.uk for site options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts