Economical Towcar

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
I am currently using a Pajero 2.8 for towing my caravan. However, for normal everyday it is not econmical enough as I often make 150 mile round trips each weekend to the coast (without the caravan). Can anyone suggest a towcar with good pulling abilities but econmical on long single journeys for under 10K.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow with a Skoda Octavia 1.9 Tdi 130 bhp which I find very economical. At 1425 kg kerbside weight I'm afraid its not really heavy enough for your van if you want to stay within the recommended 85% towing limit.

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
I tow with a Skoda Octavia 1.9 Tdi 130 bhp which I find very economical. At 1425 kg kerbside weight I'm afraid its not really heavy enough for your van if you want to stay within the recommended 85% towing limit.
Thanks Dusty. The weight is the problem, I also have C5 which is also an excellent towing vehicle and economical, however not legal in UK for towing my van becuase the kerbweight is tow low. It does tow the van well but I want to it legally just in case. Research on the net has shown the Santa FE might be a good option as a compromise even if a little over my budget at the moment.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Omega 2.5 Td estate supposed to be good , heavy lump but diesel economy.used a 1.9td xantia estate before but a bit lightweight for your van, York to Newquay towing on about 10 gallons.id say on a 150 mile trip its only costing you an extra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts