Edward Stobart

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Quite shockingly, my old boss has died today at the age of 56, Edward built up what was a small rural haulage company, into a multi national "logistics" operation. He built up a following that has entertained many a traveller on our roads. R.I.P. Ted.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Edward Stobart StatementThursday 31st March, 2011
It is with great sadness and regret that Stobart Group shares the news that Edward Stobart, 56, son of Eddie Stobart, passed away at 8.10am this morning at University Hospital Coventry, after heart problems yesterday.

Although not involved with today's Stobart Group business, Edward was managing director of Eddie Stobart Ltd for over 30 years – a business started by his father Eddie. Edward built Eddie Stobart Ltd into the iconic brand and business we know today before selling the company to brother William and business partner Andrew Tinkler in 2004. William Stobart continues the family involvement in his role as chief operating officer of Stobart Group.

Our thoughts are with Edward’s wife Mandy, his children and family at this difficult time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Far too young to die.
Was it he who introduced naming of his tractor units after ladies of friends etc?
A credit to the transport industry. I've never seen a dirty Stobbart rig.
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
far far too young to pass away, so sad for the family and friends, I also lost a collegue today due to heart attack he was just 54 years old, i also lost a cousin not too long ago again to heart attack and just 43 years old, something about this stressfull fast pased life i wonder ?

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Sister in law died recently too......she was exactly the same age as me. Shocking....makes you very aware of your own mortality. And a very lovely extended family member has recently been diagnosed with cancer, and my very good friend who I've known for 15 years or more has just been told she's got a potentially fatal heart problem. Sad times all round.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
Sister in law died recently too......she was exactly the same age as me. Shocking....makes you very aware of your own mortality. And a very lovely extended family member has recently been diagnosed with cancer, and my very good friend who I've known for 15 years or more has just been told she's got a potentially fatal heart problem. Sad times all round.
[/quote
Thanks for that Soo
Where have you been??????
smiley-innocent.gif

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
((((((((HUGS)))))) Sooz

Good to see you posting hope you are both well
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
when we were travelling along the motorways we would spot stobbarts lorrys ladies names on the door side and then see if we could spot it again on another journey. Was a lovely idea putting the names on the lorries. Rest in peace "Eddie"......
smiley-frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Rita said:
((((((((HUGS)))))) Sooz

Good to see you posting hope you are both well
smiley-laughing.gif

Hi Rita, hope you and Allen are fine. I thought I had your email addy from ages ago ;-) but can't find it (driver error most likely, as a good mate of mine would say!). If you want to ask the mods for my addy, feel free. xx

TRENDING THREADS