Etang de la Breche fully serviced pitches

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

We have booked a fully serviced in France for our summer holiday. We have purchased the necessary Aqua roll fitment/ballvalve and the additional optional hose. As we have not used a pitch of this type before can anyone advise how long the waste pipes may need to be.

Many thanks

Dave

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dave,

I can't speak for the super pitches at Etang de la Breche, but stayed on the site a few times in the 1990's and the pitches were some of the largest we have ever used. If you wanted to, there would have been room for two vans & awnings and still space to put a table and chairs out. Hope they haven't downsized them in the mean time.

For taking advantage of super pitches we use a waste pipe of a total length of 10 metres. It is cut into four unequal lengths with a straight connector on each length. (I doctor the connectors with a careful paring using a stanley knife so that the full barbs on one side hold it firmly in a length of pipe and the slightly pared side is easier to fit in and out of the next length of pipe.) Then whatever length you need is easily made up for the particular site. I turned to this technique because if you use a pipe that is way too long the waste water takes ages to drain out of the van.

So far the only super pitches that I have failed on were on a couple of sites in southern France where in their wisdom the owners had installed the drain at the highest point of a sloping pitch.

Cheers,

Mike A

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts