European Tours and Excursions

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Sent away for and just received the Caravan Club's brochure - don't know why I bothered,the prices are horrendous!
eg City break to Amsterdam - 3 nights for 2 people £486.54 - ferry fare and insurance not included.That's roughly £162.00 a night ok that includes a coach excursion and a meal.
Another example - Spanish coast grand tour,30 nights £2904.30 for 2 people,not including ferry crossings or insurance.When you add up the individual site costs they don't come to more than £500.00,ok you get some coach excursions and meals but not £2400.00 pounds worth.
Think I'll stay in this country

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree with PaulT . We've booked up for France ages ago directly through the campsite for next year ourselves , if we'd waited for the brochure to come out we'd off missed out on that particular site we wanted because it was fully booked by then , plus we got it slightly cheaper and picked our pitch !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bertieboy,

Just because an offer is made by the Caravan Club does not mean it should be the best offer around, Don't forget that even though the CC calls its self a club, it is actually a business, and the prime reason for any business to exist is to make a profit. It may have other stated intentions such as to further the interests of caravanners, but how that extends to making package holidays is a bit of sideways step in my mind.

If we were all to post about what we perceive as poor deals the forum would be overflowing.

You can bet your last pound that if the scheme is not taken up by many, the CC will not repeat it.

I suggest you should be complaining to the CC and should perhaps be asking the CC how much of your membership fee has been spent (lost) on arranging this offer.

So Vote with your wallet!!

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This "general" section of the web site is - to quote "for letting off steam" and the original post is just that and no more.
I'm perfectly aware what the Caravan Club is and who to complain to if I want to take this further.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bertie,

To quote the section description in full
"Express your views and let off steam about general caravanning issues."

I feel your topic is a little tenuous in this section as it seems the subject is about a package holiday rather than caravanning. The only link to caravanning is the fact the package is being offered by the CC.

It might have been more appropriate in the Chit Chat section

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bertie,

I'm sorry, I haven't seen the offer and it wasn't clear from your post it was a caravanning package. So please accept my apologies.

With that in mind I do agree the prices do seem steep. :(

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
When you add up the individual site costs they don't come to more than £500.00,ok you get some coach excursions and meals but not £2400.00 pounds worth.
Think I'll stay in this country

Prof John L - I think the clue might have been "When you add up the individual site costs"!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have wondered about these tours but prices always too high for what you appear to get. Always fancied the grand tour but will need to win the lottery.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Sent away for and just received the Caravan Club's brochure - don't know why I bothered,the prices are horrendous!...........................Think I'll stay in this country

..........you could always take a cheaper option and go on a Caravan Club Centre organised overseas rally.
If you are a CC member, then there is a list of Centre rallies in the December magazine on page 97 together with contact details for further information and booking.

These rallies are open to any member of the CC and there will be experienced rally officers at the holiday site who often organise communal activities and trips.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a good job we're all different. Any sort of organised trip, tour or rally is not for the likes of Mrs chrisbee and me. We're more inclined to organise our own travel arrangements and sites. Day trips and activities can then be to where we want to go and when. I had enough of being organised by someone else when we used to go on package holidays but as I say, each to their own. :unsure:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts