Eurotunnel/Tesco Vouchers - Important Changes

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Even though we don't shop at Tesco, so can't get cheap Eurotunnel crossings, I thought I ought to post the following (from information on another forum):
If you have Tesco vouchers to change for the Eurotunnel then do it now! Starting next month Tesco will give you only get three times their value as they are changing their clubcard/deals setup. Once you have the vouchers you have six months to book but you don't need to travel in those six months. You could get vouchers now and book next year for travel early 2012
Thanks to Jaymac for that information.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Val. I booked our crossing for next August just last week and got the confirmation on Monday. I'll have a count-up and see whether I have enough to get vouchers so I can book next year for 2012 as you suggest. If I do it now, I will have vouchers that I can use up until April 2011, for travel anytime in the future. Will Eurotunnel accept 2012 reservations so early in 2011?

Jo

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo, I don't know - I'm not the source of the information, just passing it on. We don't shop at Tesco, and so don't accumulate points. I think perhaps you'd need to ask Eurotunnel themselves about exactly when they start taking bookings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Tesco vouchers always go to wine purchase this side of the Channel to fill the gap between trips to Spain (unsucessfully) but much appreciate the posting.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JoannaLesley said:
Will Eurotunnel accept 2012 reservations so early in 2011?

Jo

Jo
Its easy to check. Just go onto the booking page and you can see the dates available for booking. Currently you can book up to October 2011 so about a year in advance. I think they may have a rolling system in place.
David

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Val,many thanks for the "heads up" for Eurotunnel Vouchers. I have used some of ours today to get £200 towards our next years trip. It makes a big difference to us as we use our Tesco Credit Card for everything and settle every month. Also thanks to this forum we use ACSI card. It all helps to keep costs to a more manageable level.I do not consider caravanning a cheap option for just 2 people but we like the freedom and having a miniture version of home to live in. Thats why we dont suffer from homesickness I suppose!!Well done again Val!!!
Thursdays Child

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would advice people that our experience of using tesco vouchers to purchase the £69 each way crossing this year didn't go exactly to plan. It could have had something to do with the time of year, but coming home on bank holiday Monday "august" we arrived 2 and a half hours early only to be sent away told to return about an hour before our crossing! Where on earth do you go to? we parked right outside the exit, so got a good view of what was happening. with 30 minute delays merely to get to the first checking point we arrived 45 minutes before our booked departure, but were then told we would have to take a latter departure, of half an hour, which in turn with the car park a total mess meant we ended up talking a departure 1hr 15 minutes later than our booked time.this being 10.35pm before we actually got on the train to come home.

We noted the non reserved que moved pretty well and were not sent away, so can only assume at peaks times those who buy the cheaper crossing tickets are treated as third rate customers.Stopped using Eurotunnel after 2000, this was our first attempt since then, and our last for sometime to come. I except it might be down to us being unlucky on several occasions but thought i would warn others of our experience. Even our outward journey was not so good, we arrived way too early[my fault] we were booked on the 9.20am train but decided to cross in the middle of the night, a quick check on their website told us there was no difference in price, so turning up at a desolate eurotunnel at 1.15am and being advice it would cost an extra £137 came as a bit of a shock, given we were freeing up 1 place at a peak time! so again we parked just outside the exit and ended up getting the 7.10am crossing!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JonnyG said:
I would advice people that our experience of using tesco vouchers to purchase the £69 each way crossing this year didn't go exactly to plan. It could have had something to do with the time of year, but coming home on bank holiday Monday "august" we arrived 2 and a half hours early only to be sent away told to return about an hour before our crossing! Where on earth do you go to? we parked right outside the exit, so got a good view of what was happening. with 30 minute delays merely to get to the first checking point we arrived 45 minutes before our booked departure, but were then told we would have to take a latter departure, of half an hour, which in turn with the car park a total mess meant we ended up talking a departure 1hr 15 minutes later than our booked time.this being 10.35pm before we actually got on the train to come home.

We noted the non reserved que moved pretty well and were not sent away, so can only assume at peaks times those who buy the cheaper crossing tickets are treated as third rate customers.Stopped using Eurotunnel after 2000, this was our first attempt since then, and our last for sometime to come. I except it might be down to us being unlucky on several occasions but thought i would warn others of our experience. Even our outward journey was not so good, we arrived way too early[my fault] we were booked on the 9.20am train but decided to cross in the middle of the night, a quick check on their website told us there was no difference in price, so turning up at a desolate eurotunnel at 1.15am and being advice it would cost an extra £137 came as a bit of a shock, given we were freeing up 1 place at a peak time! so again we parked just outside the exit and ended up getting the 7.10am crossing!

Jonny
Been using Eurotunnel for some years now and never had that sort of experience. OK tend to avoid Bank Holidays and School Holidays. Eurotunnel are quite clear that you have a 2 hour window either side of your booked time to arrive. We have often got on an earlier crossing. Caravans and Motorhomes are always put on last, I suspect because we are carrying gas. Therefore if there are previous delays this could well back those on later crossings. We just find the crossing so smooth and convenient compared to the ferry.
David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts