Evans of Sprot

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just a note to say Gordon Evans of Sprot has passed away in hospital , he was once a frequent poster on caravanning forums.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm very sorry to hear of Gordon's passing and our thoughts and prayers are with Gordon's family.
'Evans of Sprot' was a long standing and very well respected member of this and other caravan forums and his helpful advice was always freely and kindly given. He was knowledgeable amongst other things about touring in Europe and he will be sadly missed by all.
RIP Gordon

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Very sorry to hear this sad news. I can remember reading posts from "Evans of Sprot" from way back on different forums. He seemed to have a wealth of knowledge of caravan touring, particularly France.
My thoughts are with his family.
A sad loss.
Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did not know Gordon was Evans of Sprot's name, But I do recall how his postings were always worth while, a hint of humour and produced without malice or personal vindictivness, - a model that others should aspire to.
Very sad to hear of his passing and deepest condolences to his family. I sure he will be soarly missed.

Gordon may you rest in peace.

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your lovely comments , Gordon sadly had no family left only a cousin , we have been close friends to him for many years , and its nice to read that he was so liked . He sadly had to give up vanning in June 09 after falling in France , this left him distraught as he loved it so much .
RIP Sprottie

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I had a lot of lovely email conversations with Gordon over a year or two, just before he had to give up caravanning, after he emailed me personally about a post I had made on another forum. His photographs were fantastic, and he had a wealth of knowledge of French sites. I'm very sad to hear about his passing and I'm sure we'll all miss his somewhat 'pithy' contributions to some topics!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very sorry to hear the news. I always enjoyed an interchage with 'Evans' who had the gift of being concise and witty at the same time.
We can only hope he is now on the perfect pitch with perfect neighbours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts