Explain Yourselves!!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Been following the forum for some 18-24 months now, and although I only occasionally post I am constantly following you guys/girls on a regular basis.

But now I have this problem, take a look at the following-------

it is pretty easy, but I could not be a...d lying on the cold ground.

Long story but I sent him packing and I'd have loved to give him a good kick up the backside, but that's not very pc these days.

from an OU football game,

FIL did a similar thing some years ago to a black boy who jumped the library queue and was "forcefully" moved to the back

who had taught CDT for many years,

minority complaints imo

but SWMBO will want to hand sweets

My SIL

holidays abroad, alcopops, only 4 TV channels, X Factor and my favourite, remembering SLs terminology, social terrorists ... heh! heh! heh!

Hubby complains not enough DOH, bring the washing powder.....

These are extracts I have taken from other members comments on this forum but they all contain abbreviation's (hope I have'nt broken any copy right infringements).

Can you please at least tell me what they all mean!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kev

I don't know all of them but here goes....

it is pretty easy, but I could not be a...d lying on the cold ground. Couldn't be bothered The letters rse are missing from the middle of the word which would be deleted if written in full on this forum.

Long story but I sent him packing and I'd have loved to give him a good kick up the backside, but that's not very pc these days.

Politically Correct

from an OU football game, err, dunno

FIL did a similar thing some years ago to a black boy who jumped the library queue and was "forcefully" moved to the back Father in Law

who had taught CDT for many years,No idea sorry, they only taught the three R's when I was at school

minority complaints imo, In my opinion

but SWMBO will want to hand sweetsShe who must be obeyed

My SIL Sister in law

holidays abroad, alcopops, only 4 TV channels, X Factor and my favourite, remembering SLs terminology, social terrorists ... heh! heh! heh!As above

Hubby complains not enough DOH, bring the washing powder..... This might not be an abbreviation but a saying used by the cartoon character Homer Simpson

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'll have a go ...

1 pass on that one

2 pc = politically correct

3 OU = OPEN UNIVERSITY?????

4 FIL = Father In Law

5 CDT = Cad Design Technology??????

6 imo = in my opinion

7 SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed (Wife)

8 SIL = Son In Law

9 SL = Scotch Lad (forum member)

10 DOH = Perhaps it means 'silly me' :O)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Lord B's translations are more accurate than mine.

I'd overlooked SL -Scotch Lad who had described the makers of reality tv shows as 'social terrorists'

This could have meant that he thinks that Simon Cowell has a Sunni disposition perhaps?

Or maybe he meant that X factor and the like were Shi'- Ite?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy now you've started, Shi'-lte !!!

Dont worry this time though, even I've sussed that one.

Even the old hands on here are confused about some of the abbreviations. Hee Hee Hee.

Come on still two to go (No 3 + No 5).

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Getting fed up now, just come from equipment and accessories, Guess

what's on there.

BTW -----Grrrrrrrrr

Highlander, I think you cracked it my son ,well done, I know you like to write in your scottish tongue but at least it makes sense.

seeee ye sooon

May 2, 2006
Visit site
No. 5 is Craft Design and Technology - which is the grouping in school that now contains all those subjects we did at school such as woodwork, metalwork, cookery and home economics. The trouble is too much of it is devoted to the theory rather than the practical.

Cheers

Mike A

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
l may be thick also, what does LOL mean at the end of a posting.

l think its Lots Of Love if so seen it on some peculiar situations after a post.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Doh! Could signify Silly me! Annoyance! Disbelief! etc.

Laughs out loud!

I tried a chat room once. Was asked ASL? On asking, I was told it meant AGE? SEX? LOCATION? I replied "Sorry, got to go, wife is calling me for tea". Never went back.

ASL?

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Damian, the company l worked for last fetched a sheet out of Acronyms for PC users, gave up reading it after the 10th sheet.

NigelH

G

Did I actually use the words 'social terrorists'? If so, cannot recall when. Must have been in a drunken stupour again.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes you did SL.

It was in relation to a post about PC.

After 12 years of this government and it's Marxist social engineering regarding diversity, human rights etc., all under the PC heading you called those who had been brainwashed and propagated their agenda in all walks of life, even on forums like this, 'social terrorists'. This was about 12 months ago, and whether you had invented that term I know not, but it was the first time I'd heard of it and it described this minority, who blight our lifes, perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts