Fantastic!!!!!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Well after eight days at the Factory we went to collect the van today. She's been returned as new!! I know we shouldn't of had the damp in the first place but the way Coachman have dealt with it has been excellent!!! Front end sorted and resealed, new awning rails both sides, all sealant replaced from top to bottom, even around the toilet etc, cleaned inside and out, new mother board for the last minute fridge problem, they really have done an outstanding job and we're really pleased.

Well Done Coachman!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good to hear,I was impressed with the way Coachman dealt with our shower problem too,as you say these problems shouldn't really happen but when they do i think it is reassuring that the manufacturer takes action.If only all the stories on here were as positive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Martin

I am genuinely pleased that you have had you problems sorted out, and that Coachman have on this occasion have stood up and been counted. And despite what I am about to write it really is good to celebrated good service.

Call me cynical but when I read of such singular and outstanding performance my QA nose starts to twitch.

It just goes to show how a good after sales service can often turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.

Let's suppose the caravan had been perfect, and there was no need for any remedial work to be carried out, How would you have felt about Coachman? I'm sure you would have been pleased, but would you have had the same feeling that you now have? would you be singing their praises from the caravan roof tops? I think it's unlikely.

So its actually because the manufacture failed to produce a perfect product, that you are now so happy, despite being upset when you found the fault, the trouble to arrange to get the van repaired, to loose the use of the van for how ever long. There is a saying in marketing circles that "bad news is good news" and that customers have short memories.

I can think of another caravan related product where one manufacture stand out from the competition because of their reputation for after sales service. Does it mask a reliability issue?

Conversely could companies companies with a less good reputation have a better reliability record and thus don't need to have such an expansive after sales system?

Just a few things to ponder.

Anyway I am sure you will rediscover the delights of a fully functioning dry caravan. And do continue to report good service we need it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin
Well at least the baby is all sorted for now. Glad you're happy.
I live a round trip of 434 miles from Coachman's factory.
Did they reimburse you for fuel and time off work
smiley-undecided.gif

Prof John has touched on the old chestnut again, QA & QC. I can't help but still think our caravan manufacturers are missing something at the quality control point.
Is it still the fact that the staff are paid on piece work rates?
The caravan press always seem to shy away from talking about QA & QC failures although in the august edition of PCv mag page 134 Doug King does wave the flag. Excellent.
All the time Coachman, and other manufacturers spend fixing new caravans comes at a price.
Who pays? Well in this case I suspect Martin did .
I'd love to know what % of the purchase cost is factured in for failures??????
On a brighter note I think we can safely assume Coachman have given Martin's caravan a thorough check over which in itself gives me some confidence too.
Swift of course openly allow themselves to get beaten up on their forum .That's a credit to them and hopefully wil help in improving QA & QC.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Well as they know how close we are I don't think we'd bother with fuel. Despite the fact the van was recently serviced (hence the damp discovered) we have a new electrical certificate, gas fully checked, water system checked and drained etc...... so yes a thorough check through!! As I said earlier i shouldn't of happened in the first place but these things do happen and it's how it is dealt with that counts. If we weren't currently living in this @@@***&&&%%% hole then it would of been a 500 mile round trip and when we move in the next 5 years over 600 mile round trip so lucky really still to be stuck up here!!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Of course it shouldn't be there in the first place but haven't found a mass produced UK van manufacturer yet that can pull it off perfectly every time and I still think Coachman are the best of a bad lot, especially interior solidity!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts