FAO Andy Swifts re front window

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi John

we had a similar problem with only being able to get to the dealer on a Saturday due to work, however the window can be fitted while you wait.

We had to email photographic evidence which the dealer then forwarded to Swift for approval. Only after having several unsuccessful replacements, Andy from Swift got involved for us and arranged to have it done direct through Miriad who supply the windows.

Your first call should be to your dealer to let them know of the problem.

Wendy

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
John l think the first port of call is to the dealer and see if they can come out and do the fix, l had the same problem with Discover closing a branch, had to travel 40 miles but l am lucky l suppose has l have retired but it still costs the fuel to get their.

NigelH

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Wendy thanks for the information, and no wife not good with sewing machine but l think she is also thinking of a of matching sheets pillow cases and quilt, she must have come into money she has not told me about.

Also Andy has said he will be back to me today to let me know how they intend to proceed with the window, l hope he will ask Myriad to come out and fit the correct one as it seems they now have changed the spec of the window.

NigelH
Hi Nigel,

we ladies like to have everything matching lol!

Wendy

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
we are having problems with our Avondale Dart 545 front window - - I have contacted Consumber Direct following reading these reports on the internet - they have been really useful- - our dealership has not yet offered to replace the window despite being in talks with them since April - only had the caravan nine months when we noticed the milky marks on the centre of the front window - 4 of the 9 months the caravan was not used as it was winter. Consumer direct have passed the issue to Trading Standards and I hope to hear from them soon. Apparently the window will need to be inspected at a cost of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All,

Miriad came to fit the replacement replacement (etc!) yesterday. It now has a 20mm+ air gap and looks noticeably different to the first 4 - there is a definite outward bow to keep the "panes" apart.

Ref the questions about Miriad / Polyplastic and who and where it was fitted: the last two have been fitted at our home by the Miriad mobile fitter. I e-mailed both Andy at Swift and my dealer, it was Swift who arranged the visits.

Here's to this one being the last one!

Neal

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to Andy of Swift Myriad are contacting me some time in the next few days to arrange fitting of the Mark lll window at my convenience and at my home.

l am very pleased with the customer service of Swift, l know some give bad press but all the dealings l have had with Swift have been professional in everything they have done and deserve credit from me on this forum.

Andy/Ash thank you for your good work, Swift should be well pleased they have you in their employment; you have dealt with my issues in an efficient and speedy manner.

Well done both of you

Kind regards

Nigel Heathcote

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
we are having problems with our Avondale Dart 545 front window - - I have contacted Consumber Direct following reading these reports on the internet - they have been really useful- - our dealership has not yet offered to replace the window despite being in talks with them since April - only had the caravan nine months when we noticed the milky marks on the centre of the front window - 4 of the 9 months the caravan was not used as it was winter. Consumer direct have passed the issue to Trading Standards and I hope to hear from them soon. Apparently the window will need to be inspected at a cost of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim,

The window aligns perfectly with the smaller side ones where the edges meet; it's just that the central point of the window has a deeper projection, but you would only notice this if you had paid close attention to the previous three!

Looks good so far, wait and see for when we tow on the A1 / M62 in a couple of weeks.

Neal

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Jim,

The window aligns perfectly with the smaller side ones where the edges meet; it's just that the central point of the window has a deeper projection, but you would only notice this if you had paid close attention to the previous three!

Looks good so far, wait and see for when we tow on the A1 / M62 in a couple of weeks.

Neal
Thanks for that Neil, it confirms that my replacement is naff.

jim

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just to let you know Mark of Myriad has contacted me yesterday to arrange fitting of the Mark lll window this afternoon, thanks Andy for arranging this so quickley.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts