FAO Brave Fart or any other computer buff.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi its me again I am trying to download some test routes off the Driving Standards Agency website but when I click on them the 'header 'comes up but nothing else,I had a similar problem trying to download off an NHS site in both cases they are Pdf files whatever they are.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If you can post the URL (Web page address - http://www.xyz etc)

I will try it and see if I get the same problem.

If not I should be able to tell you how to change the default programme.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Garry and others I just went into the site to get the URL ? for garry and bingo they all appeared.My guess is (thats good coming from a computer dinosaur)that when I downloaded Adobe that it did not become active until I had turned off yesterday and back on again just.Either way job sorted thanks to one and all as usual for all the advice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good to hear that your problem is solved.

However Adobe Acrobat is a very big piece of software which comes with many 'bells & whistles' (ie options). As a result, it's very slow to open, takes up a lot of space and lots of computing power.

If all that's required is the fast opening of Pdf files, then there is an excellent, simple alternative to Adobe. Have a look at Foxit PDF Reader at www.foxitsoftware.com

I've been using it for a spell now and found it so good I've now removed Adobe from my PC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts