FAO FRANK

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
We've been given an invitation to attend a wedding .The get together is at Alford on Oct 13th.I know that there is a caravan site there,but have just read reviews and although it is a 4* site my heart sank.Do you know anything else nearby?

Maybe this time we are better to do B&B :eek:( :eek:(

Maureen

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Maureen, I live in Aberdeenshire as well. I have never stayed at the Alford site, however our receptionist stays there lots over the summer at weekends and loves the site. her only gripe is getting a pitch in sight of the big house, so she can get a good t.v. signal.

However, if you don't mind getting a taxi after your wedding reception I would recommend the CC Silverbank in Banchory or the Camping and caravan club site at Tarland. The CC site in Banchory is a members only site. Alford Taxi's (01975562244) , told me that a taxi on a saturday night would be

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Alexander,

Many thanks for your response.I'm giving thought to maybe staying at Huntly Castle site......we are CC members & I know this site has an excellent reputation,although I have never used it.That was kind of you to find out the taxi fares,but hubby will not be drinking so we can get back under our own steam.Checked out the mileage from Huntly & it seems to be just under 30 miles.

Thanks again for your help

Maureen

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Maureen,

Just back in, Huntly Castle is an excellent site stayed a few times. It is affillated to the CC, and I think the standards are slightly higher than the club sites.

Silverbank is also very good just a walk into Banchory.

if I can be of any help just shout.

Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
ps

I could *** up to Alford and have a look, if you think it would help. We look for high standards ourselves so it would be an objective look.

Frank

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
The reviews I saw were on UKcampsites website.....noise from student groups late at night.......graffiti on toilet walls.We always compare conditions with those we find on CC Sites,but if you would like to go and check the place out Frank,I will be pleased to hear your findings.Many Thanks

Maureen

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Maureen

I will have a look tomorrow, Fridays is Grandaughter Day. We go swimming in the morning and then up to the Hazlehead Park. I just love Fridays

Frank

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
LB,

You must change your routine.......alarm clock to be set for 5am and fingers poised over the board for a quick start :eek:) :eek:)

Those in foreign places excluded as their time is different.

Maureen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts