FAO Valerie - VIP535/4

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Val. We took our van into the dealers today,as arranged, for some more warranty work doing. We asked them about the microwave oven cupboard modification and they said they'll contact Coachman on our behalf and let us know.

We'd have liked it doing before we go away in April,but I doubt if they'll work that fast.

If Coachman don't sanction the mod, and I can't see why they wouldn't, we may just do it ourselves. The alternative for the April jaunt is to take it out 14 times and heave it back up 14 times during the course of the hol.

Will let you know!

Regards,Dave&Dee

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hiya,

I'm sure Coachman will be OK with it, especially if you mention how beautifully ours has been done - they will definitely know who we are I can assure you... We have just got in from a weekend in Thorpe Le Soken - after all my hooting I didn't use the microwave once ha ha!! It is still as steady as a rock and the cupboard is holding up well, no probs at all. No doubt I'll have my first buzz when we go to Suffolk at Easter!!

Good luck, keep us posted.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Valerie. Hope you had a good time over the Easter break. How was East Anglia - bet it was rather white!

As promised, here is an update on the Coachman/Microwave saga:

We eventually got a phonecall from our dealer. Apparently,they've raised the query with Coachman and there is no way that Coachman will sanction any modification or the permanent installation of the microwave whilest in transit.

I emailed Chris (Service dept.) at Chichester Caravans,Redhill at the beginning of last week,requesting details of the mod, but have not received a reply as yet.

Coachman's Operations Manager comes back off holiday on Wednesday. His secretary says she will get him to contact me but,to be honest Val, I'm not holding out much hope. I get the distinct feeling that no-one wants to commit themselves on this one.

My dealer says that if I leave the micro in the cupboard during transit, and anything happens to it, my warranty will be nul-and-void!

I'll wait to hear from Coachman later this week, but I think I may have to resort to a truss instead!

If I were you Val, I'd get Coachman to confirm in writng that they have approved your dealer's modification.

Will let you know if the situation changes.

Regards, Dave.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Valerie. Hope you had a good time over the Easter break. How was East Anglia - bet it was rather white!

As promised, here is an update on the Coachman/Microwave saga:

We eventually got a phonecall from our dealer. Apparently,they've raised the query with Coachman and there is no way that Coachman will sanction any modification or the permanent installation of the microwave whilest in transit.

I emailed Chris (Service dept.) at Chichester Caravans,Redhill at the beginning of last week,requesting details of the mod, but have not received a reply as yet.

Coachman's Operations Manager comes back off holiday on Wednesday. His secretary says she will get him to contact me but,to be honest Val, I'm not holding out much hope. I get the distinct feeling that no-one wants to commit themselves on this one.

My dealer says that if I leave the micro in the cupboard during transit, and anything happens to it, my warranty will be nul-and-void!

I'll wait to hear from Coachman later this week, but I think I may have to resort to a truss instead!

If I were you Val, I'd get Coachman to confirm in writng that they have approved your dealer's modification.

Will let you know if the situation changes.

Regards, Dave.
Hi Dave,

We had a fab Easter thanks and very white it was too!

You won't get any change out of the Operations Manager I can tell you before you try, he's very evasive.

Shame your dealer is not more helpful - remember the contract is with the dealer, not Coachman, so if your dealer wants to null and void the warranty I guess he can. Our dealer has agreed to fit the microwave and we haven't signed any disclaimer or anything like that, in fact they are supportive of our view of misrepresentation, they've had the same complaint before. The dealers themselves spoke to Coachman and after discussion were happy to fit it, in doing so they must be happy to deal with any fall out as far as I'm concerned. (no pun intended!) It wasn't a modification we paid for separately and we have the letters we sent registered post detailing our legal position. Coachman are out of the equation, its a shame but the dealer has to carry the can for all Coachman's publicity material and everything - its their shout unfortunately.

I'm glad to say the microwave continues to travel merrily along and remains solid, as does the cupboard it is in.

I think the least Coachman can do is compensate you for the cost of your truss!

Take care,

Val.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dave,

We had a fab Easter thanks and very white it was too!

You won't get any change out of the Operations Manager I can tell you before you try, he's very evasive.

Shame your dealer is not more helpful - remember the contract is with the dealer, not Coachman, so if your dealer wants to null and void the warranty I guess he can. Our dealer has agreed to fit the microwave and we haven't signed any disclaimer or anything like that, in fact they are supportive of our view of misrepresentation, they've had the same complaint before. The dealers themselves spoke to Coachman and after discussion were happy to fit it, in doing so they must be happy to deal with any fall out as far as I'm concerned. (no pun intended!) It wasn't a modification we paid for separately and we have the letters we sent registered post detailing our legal position. Coachman are out of the equation, its a shame but the dealer has to carry the can for all Coachman's publicity material and everything - its their shout unfortunately.

I'm glad to say the microwave continues to travel merrily along and remains solid, as does the cupboard it is in.

I think the least Coachman can do is compensate you for the cost of your truss!

Take care,

Val.
Hi Val.

Thanks for your support........pun intended, hehheh.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts