ferry from Pointe de grave to Royan

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
just planning the trip for May. Has anyone taken a car and van on this ferry? I read that they were putting a new, larger ferry on from 2009/
thanks

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Gafferbill,
yes looked at the website and yes the newer ferry takes vans. Looked at prices and seems car+van+2 will cost me about 52 euro which seems a lot for saving 120 miles. Might divert further south and east en route to meet up with friends we made last year. Want to get to Isle de re before the change in bridge toll. Missed it be a day last year - ouch!.
Thanks again for your help.
Graham

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
No problem.

I remember back in 1988 going over the Ile de Re Bridge and paying 110 Francs or £11.00
That was about one twentieth of my weekly wage then and would probably amount to £30 odd pounds nowadays using the same criteria!
So in real terms the toll has fallen dramatically.
We normally cycle over it now which is free
smiley-smile.gif
….but that does not help if you are staying on the island with the caravan.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree in real terms it prob cheaper now. Year before last we arrived at the bridge the day after the price change from low season to high and it came as a real shock. This year we thought we might try a bit of planning and arrive before the change. Regardless of low/high tho def worth another visit. Taking bikes this year and hope to see far more. Might not use the ferry to Royan tho as it is definately cheaper to drive round - and you get to see more.:)

TRENDING THREADS