Ferry Prices

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I want to sail to France this summer on the 29th July for two weeks. The ferry people say I have to pay a high price because it's peak summer. Why can't I have a fare of say £80 return for five of us with a car and caravan and cabin on an overnight sailing from Portsmouth. They charges much les the rest of the year but I don't want to go then.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ever heard of supply and demand, its dearer then because everyone wants to go. I usually look and book my ferry around about October to ensure I get the crossing I want. If you start looking this time of the year your in the lap of the gods and they got you by the short and curley so to speak.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The ferry companies have to subsidise the routes by charging high fares in summer, to offset the low usage the rest of the year otherwise they would go out of business. I live in Poole and most days in the winter there are only 30 - 40 vehicles waiting for the ferry. Its not fair but thats the way it is supply and demand.

Dream on Mike. Like Mike says, it's amazing that you can get good deals on the Channel if you book and pay early - even at peak times. But look at Speedferries.com which is offering some pretty good deals Dover-Bolougne. Phil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts