ferrys 2006

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi out there, i am trying to book 3 weeks in france in february 2006 for 2 adults, car, caravan. best price so far is £124 with norfolk line through the caravan club. can this get any cheaper? also can you stay overnight at dunkirk port as you can at calais? thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you may forward. geoff.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Recently on the forum there has been a lot of comment about the price rises. I haven't experienced this although what I have noted is a massive price diffential between the different companies plying the channel.

Travelling Sun to Sun (one week) mid august 2006 travelling @ 11.00 out and returning on a 15..00 hrs crossing the following applied to us. The companies pricing are supplied by the web.

Eurotunnel -

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could be wrong be it looks as if the discount with camping cheques via the CC has stopped for this year. Test booking a "holiday" with 7 cheques against a "ferry" same trip but no cheques, showed exactly the same price for the ferry.

Also found that Brittany Ferry online booking virtually same as CC with possible advantage that they state no charge for subsequent alterations. Having said this prices considerable increased for same routes, vehicles, accommodation etc. as last year - perhaps due to lack of competition on Western Channel ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could be wrong be it looks as if the discount with camping cheques via the CC has stopped for this year. Test booking a "holiday" with 7 cheques against a "ferry" same trip but no cheques, showed exactly the same price for the ferry.

Also found that Brittany Ferry online booking virtually same as CC with possible advantage that they state no charge for subsequent alterations. Having said this prices considerable increased for same routes, vehicles, accommodation etc. as last year - perhaps due to lack of competition on Western Channel ?
We live in the West Country and travel to France each year during August (school hols). Our holiday time is restricted to about 16 days and therefore we nearly always find that unless we want to drive up to Dover and tale the shorter cheaper crossing we have not much choice but to travel Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth. Apart from cost this is by far the better routes for us to go to Brittany - Vendee - Dordogne. The boats, cabins and food on these routes is very good and starts the holiday off for us. The only draw back is the cost. We have booked for 2006 in August - Portsmouth-St Malo over, with cabin and Cherbourg-Poole back, without cabin and the cost direct booking on internet is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We live in the West Country and travel to France each year during August (school hols). Our holiday time is restricted to about 16 days and therefore we nearly always find that unless we want to drive up to Dover and tale the shorter cheaper crossing we have not much choice but to travel Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth. Apart from cost this is by far the better routes for us to go to Brittany - Vendee - Dordogne. The boats, cabins and food on these routes is very good and starts the holiday off for us. The only draw back is the cost. We have booked for 2006 in August - Portsmouth-St Malo over, with cabin and Cherbourg-Poole back, without cabin and the cost direct booking on internet is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently on the forum there has been a lot of comment about the price rises. I haven't experienced this although what I have noted is a massive price diffential between the different companies plying the channel.

Travelling Sun to Sun (one week) mid august 2006 travelling @ 11.00 out and returning on a 15..00 hrs crossing the following applied to us. The companies pricing are supplied by the web.

Eurotunnel -

TRENDING THREADS