Fiamma caravanstore

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi I've recently bought a fiamma caravanstore I've attached it to the side of my caravan and I was wondering if it's okay to leave it on over the winter in storage

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I don't have a CaravanStore, but have been interested in them since getting a suitable caravan. Personally, I'd be inclined to remove it, depending on how long the van would lay idle, how much of a faff it was and how much space it would take up in storage either inside the van or in a garage.

Slightly off topic, but how far down does the 'bag' hang from the awning rail?
Our caravan has the awning light above the door, really close to the rail and I think it would be damaged by a roll-up awning. As i would want the CaravanStore to function primarily as a rain canopy, i'd want it as far forward as possible.

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
We have alight above the door to and the bag just covers the light suppose if you do have a rough journey it could damage the light I bought one for quick ness as I have a lot of sort weekends away and mainly stay on the site we store are van at these days so not far to pull caravan if I was to tour some distance I would think about taking it down when traveling

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fiamma Caravanstore fitted to my Eccles Moonstone, towed it 4000miles this year so far, no problems at all. When in use I fold the cover and clip it off of the awning light with two wooden clothes pegs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If leaving overwinter suggest you run the zips together at which ever end is the lowest and leave them an inch or so apart such that any condensation dampness can evaporate. I fit two or more foam rubber pads to the underside of the bag ) out of sight) such that if the bag does lift and drop in high winds it won't do any harm to caravan or awning light.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I've just found this image on the Fiamma website:
Fiamma_Caravanstore_Caravan_Awning_Canopy.jpg

I'll get the tape measure out, but if they are easy to move i could slide it back away from the light if it clashed.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
I have this problem with a protruding awning light on our Lunar Clubman. To get over it I have the rear awning stop sufficiently far back so I can push the awning back clear of the light when towing. I can then easily pull it forward to the front stop when I want to deploy it. The fact that the empty open bag hangs over the light is not a problem as there is still enough downward light onto our steps.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Dodger524 said:
I have this problem with a protruding awning light on our Lunar Clubman. To get over it I have the rear awning stop sufficiently far back so I can push the awning back clear of the light when towing. I can then easily pull it forward to the front stop when I want to deploy it. The fact that the empty open bag hangs over the light is not a problem as there is still enough downward light onto our steps.

Thanks Dave, you prempted my question.

I have just been out with the tape measure and come to the conclusion that the rolled up awning would be sitting on the light. I have roughly 340cm of horizontal awning rail behind the light so was thinking about possible mounting towards the rear then moving it forwards when rolling out, but did not know if this was possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts